What do user trust levels do or, why can't I post an image?

For example, if you are a new user you cannot add pictures to your post. You need to do some things until you have earned the right not to be classed as a potential spammer :smile:

Of course you can send me a PM and if I know you are a human I will gladly bump you up a level!

For more details, read it from the source:

2 Likes

I just noticed that there are a couple of users of ClarionHub that are getting close to bumping up a trust level from Basic to Member. You get a cool new badge when you make it there and a couple of new abilities.

At the moment ClarionHub is using the default thresholds for trust levels. The activity here is not so high but they seem to be reasonable suitable anyway. Let me know if you think it is a bit too hard to progress through the levels and I can make some tweaks.

Members (trust level 2)

Members keep coming back to the site, and have participated long enough to earn complete citizenship.

Get to trust level 2 by…

• visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • casting at least 1 like
  • receiving at least 1 like
  • replying to at least 3 different topics
  • entering at least 20 topics
  • reading at least 100 posts
  • spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 2 can…

• Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
  • Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM

This is a shoutout to everyone currently in the Basic group… go, post, like, read!

In addition to the above, it is worth noting that advertising is switched off at trust level 2 or higher. Hopefully the ads are of reasonable quality anyway though!