A small bit of downtime today!

I updated something and totally borked the docker container for the system. Seems to be ok now and I sure learn’t a bit about how it works. Sorry about the interruption!

I am going to take the server down again for maintenance. Fingers crossed it will be back shortly!

Update complete… latest discourse version, fixed docker launcher out of date messages, updated docker, auto update ubuntu security updates, etc!

This is a very helpful topic for the discourse newbie:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/advanced-setup-and-administration/15929

NewRelic plugin for discourse as well as the server itself:

updated again to 0.9.9.10. check out the new categories layout… pretty :smile:

http://clarionhub.com/categories

Updated to 0.9.9.11 and sized up the server a bit. The warnings about low memory were annoying and upgrades were taking longer and longer. I also moved to the test-passed branch of discourse rather than HEAD.
You might get a notification about badges if you have been active here :smile:

On 0.9.9.13 now with full multisite configuration in the backend and fixed some iptable policies.
If you happen to want to try out a discourse instance let me know, I can set one pretty easily now!

Fastest update yet, 0.9.9.14 is online!

Taking the site down for a backup and upgrade. Should be back in about 10 minutes…

0.9.9.18 done, digital ocean snapshot done, ubuntu updated… I still haven’t taken the time to work out how to force a static ip on the docker container though so I need to edit web.yml each time I rebuild the data container. A real pain but at least iptables are working properly.

…and now we have an update to v1.0.0 of discourse!

v1.0.1 now. A mild panic when I hit a “Cannot start container: Port has already been allocated” issue (See docker #6476) but soon had that sorted by restarting docker service.

Now on 1.1.0.beta2
I might look at tracking the stable branch rather than tests-passes which we are on now.

1.1.0.beta4

docker images --no-trunc| grep none | awk '{print $3}' | xargs -r docker rmi
shutdown -h now

Take Digital Ocean snapshot in case I screw anything up!

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get upgrade lxc-docker
apt-get autoremove
shutdown -r now

Upgrade everything while we are here.
Reboot because I don’t know how and don’t care enough to work out how to restart whatever that thing it says after doing the dist-upgrade :smile:

cd /var/discourse/
git pull
./launcher stop data
./launcher stop web
service docker restart
./launcher rebuild data
iptables -nvL --line-numbers
nano ./containers/web.yml
./launcher rebuild web

Updated now to 1.1.0 beta 6b