Announcing DEX Cache v1.0 - Open Public ßeta Available

Hello Everyone,

I’m happy to release the Public ßeta for DEX Cache v1.0 which was demonstrated in “Pre-release” in ClarionLive Episode #676 on the 2nd of September

The website us under construction at https://myzure.com but has many DEX feature highlights, videos and the download links to get you started if you’d like to take DEX for a spin.

A few pesky issues are still popping up so I’m posting build updates on almost daily basis. Many are cleanup but a few still need more detailed investigation and I’m working diligently to get them fixed.

Any feedback on your experience, improvements, issues or other, with DEX would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark Overton
[email protected]

1 Like

Does this read the bookmarks from inside the sql-lite db that MS Edge uses?

So I like to listen to lots of dj mixes and book mark many of them, but I also like to book mark particular tracks within a mix because these are sometimes exclusive white labels that only the DJ has.

Eg when this came out, this a Danny Darko Squid Game remix.
Miss Monique - YearMix 2021 4K [Progressive House /Melodic Techno DJ Mix] - YouTube
Now some kind souls also put up the track listings in the comments so we can see what the tracks are, in order to track down the original whole track from various websites like youtube or some of the more dedictated websites.
So these are tracks and you can see Danny Darko has done a couple of variations of the track, namely a melodic techno mix
Squid Game (Red Light Green Light) - Danny Darko [Melodic Techno Remix] - YouTube
and a slight different less melodic techno mix
Squid Game (Red Light Green Light) (Techno Edit) - YouTube

There’s a huge “black market” if you can call it that, where DJ’s get given tracks that are suited to their style, and these are white labels generally, so they dont always get made public officially for downloading. However I do check back every month or two to have a fresh search, but also sometimes to see if a name has been up for a track, because otherwise they get listed as ID -ID.

This link to a mix which went up a couple days ago has a number of tracks listed as ID - ID to demonstrate what I mean
GUY J b2b GUY MANTZUR at Loveland Festival 2022 - YouTube
and then people will reply in the comments to say what they think it is.

Anyway, my point is, does Dex check back on the webpage for changes and can it also check back on changes made to a comment posted by someone, like the track list being updated?

If not, does it have anything to remind me to check certain webpages, after say a month?

DJ Festivals is such big business now, the creativity is awesome and so are the locations. This one is on my bucket list. Fatboy Slim DJ Set From Snowbombing 2022, Austria - YouTube but I listen to mixes when coding, it helps put me in the zone when coding.

I have hundreds if not thousands of tracks book marked and keeping them organized or attempting to keep them organised is a nightmare, so anything that can make it a little easier, I’m always on the look out for.

Your screen shots are a bit small so its hard to zoom in and see any detail, and it took me a little while to figure out what it actually did.

But it looks interesting so far.

Hi RichClaCode for your feedback and your questions.

Question: Does this read the bookmarks from inside the sql-lite db that MS Edge uses?
Answer: Not specifically accessing the database but Yes, you can export the bookmarks from MS Edge or any commercial browser creating an .html index file. This file can be imported into DEX. I will over the next few days be creating Videos on this any all other features.
This is a big feature that my son and his friends want “the sharing of links”. I’ll be including and API to Spotify and if you have others let me know.

Question: Does DEX check back on the webpage for changes and can it also check back on changes made to a comment posted by someone, like the track list being updated?
Answer: Not with v1.0 release, however, in it is on my Product Roadmap DEX will have a Search Engine feature called DEXBot and this feature will allow you to accomplish what you are asking and also search the web and automatically based on your criteria find and add new and update current links.

Question: If not, does it have anything to remind me to check certain webpages, after say a month?
Answer: Yes, this will be supported based on the creation of a “reoccurring” event in the DEX Calendar.

Comment: Your screen shots are a bit small so its hard to zoom in and see any detail, and it took me a little while to figure out what it actually did.
Reply: Yes, I agree, however, over the next few days I’ll be adding videos covering all features and improving upon the screen shots currently on the website.

Hope my answers were a good start and thanks again for check out DEX … If you want to take it for a spin and need more than the 14-days…

Mark

So you are using the manual export and import of bookmarks.

There are already websites which do this like one randomly selected is https://sken.io/. The rewriting of the web has been going on since the 90’s, even the Waybackmachine aka archive.org doesnt have true copies of websites, but certainly being able to keep upto date with comments on youtube being changed could be helpful.

Thanks for offer, I downloaded the windows 11 SDK in iso format the other day, copied it to my offline dev computer and thats been playing up ever since, so I’m trying to track down whats causing it to play up offline. I swear there is some sort of airgap communication taking place, possible with these new monitors that detect the presence of people sat in front of them which cant be switched off according to the manufacturer.

I’ll keep an eye on Dex, but my first priority is trying to get my own software finished in order to secure my computer because the level of hacking is well beyond every commercial security product I’ve tried so far.