App Gen GUI based Template Writer - [edit] Not available for the foreseeable future

The #Embed code prompt.

A template to produce custom built dll’s to use with #Rundll
Trying to make life easier by even generating the #Rundll command to use in a template.

Additional templates to further increase functionality for this template set/family/chain exist and can be expanded upon.

1 Like

Just debating how much to automate a global extension template which works with ABC, Clarion, and other template chains for importing api’s.

I could automate the process by launching a custom libmaker (Mg LibMaker bug, also in Carl Barnes LibMakerPlus) but I want to extend it so I can select the dll’s, tag the required api’s and hit import.

I havent tracked down whether the api parameters are stored in the PE file yet, I expect them to be, but in the debugger, if you breakpoint on a procedure or class method, parameters will just be a string of sorts before they get assigned to the relevant parameter definition. So it might be a case of still having to refer to the MS docs to get the exact parameter layout. Swapping the calling convention from Pascal to C reverses the parameter string format seen in the debugger.

I think I will be looking around the edata section. :grinning:
PE Format -edata

So does anyone know if the parameters are stored in a pe file? The built in %(libmaker(%procedure & %prototype)) generates something resembling parameters for the exp file, or is it going to be the tls section?
PE Format - tls

Time will tell.

Edit. In fact the techniques I’ve used to workout the TUFO structure in different versions of Clarion, I could probably apply to the PE parameter string and work them out that way, as its possible to workout valid memory address, what might be ansi or unicode string data, and other types of data normally expected in the different datatypes.

I’ve only written the simplest of templates and for a short period of time early on I tinkered with generating RM/COBOL code which sort of worked OK.

This isn’t something I’d likely ever use, but it is pretty cool.

Cobol is quite popular in the banking world because it rang on all those old mainframes, but now you see cobol popping up all over the place, like this example GitHub - otterkit/otterkit: Otterkit COBOL Compiler

Otterkit COBOL compiler is a free and open source implementation of the ISO COBOL 2022 Standard on the .NET platform.

I know Deutsche Bank are heavily into Oracle, but there are some establishments who still use Cobol.

1 Like