Hi folks, I recently upgraded to Clarion 11 as I wanted to see how I could use or what I might be able to accomplish with AnyScreen. I have come across an interesting issue and wondered if anyone else has had this.
- I created a small single window app, generated, built, compiled and it ran fine as an EXE. No issues.
- I added the global Anyscreen extension to the project and recompiled and it still ran
- I then ran it using the HTML5 AnyScreen execute option (the run icon on the far right of the tool bar) which launched a web-browser to run my app
- This then terminated Clarion (it just closed) and I got a socket error in the web-browser
- Restarted Clarion and now it will not, for any project, a new project, example project or any project, generate or create a .EXE. It will build and make but does not create an .exe and I could find no way to force it to do so. Project settings specify .exe as the target output.
The only way I managed to resolve this was to re-install Clarion. Once re-installed I could create .exes for the apps I was unable to previously but as soon as I tried to run again as a AnyScreen app, bang, it would crash and stop generating .exes.
I had this happen to me twice and I have therefore stopped playing with AnyScreen and will wait for Clarion 11.1 which is supposed to have resolved some AnyScreen issues.
Anyone else come across behaviours like this?