Classes Help required to call Function defined in APP

Please, post the object file produced as a result of compilation of the source file with calls to sk_SplitPath and to sk_class1.NewFileName.

You’re missing a bunch of elements that I provided in my example. Every line of code is there for a reason, and all the pieces need to be there for it to work. I suggest you copy my three sections of code into an example program on your system, get it to compile and run, then study it until you understand how the various parts interact. Then you’ll be in a position to make it work in your own program.

1 Like

Believe me I tried. But got a little confused (maybe not a little :upside_down_face:) and got many errors from my side and did not want to bother with so many questions. but I will try again and see what I get .

thank you

Do you mean the generated .obj from the compilation process?

The error you have mentioned is raised by the linker => all source files have been compiled without errors (or source files were not changed and their object files are up to date). I asked for the object (OBJ) file which is a result of compilation of the source file containing both direct call to sk_SplitPath and indirect call via sk_class1.sk_NewFile as in your quote:

Understood. as I have a process which removes all temporary files after each compilation and I tried many things after this error; I will recreate the same environment and send you the requested files as soon as they are ready.

Actually when this problem is solved, I will go back to all suggested solutions because as I said in the beginning that I am not only looking for solution but most important is the knowledge and understanding I can get from that.

thank you all very much.

Best regards