How to find a process with a CPU time > 25%?

I use “AlwaysUp” from Core Technologies to run and monitor programs. I believe it has ability to “kill” an app if it hogs the CPU.

1 Like

I tried to work with the debugger. On my development machine it works fine and I was able to follow the directions you gave.

On the server however it doesn’t work yet. First I had to copy more Clarion DLL’s and I ended up by copying all Clarion DLL’s, but after that I was able to start the debugger.

But when I start with cladb -p <pid> I am not able to open the threads list. The D32.log gives an error, but no clue what this means. I noticed a redirection file was created when starting the debugger, but that makes no sense to me. What am I missing?

I figured it out. If I try to hook into a process I started my self it works and the threads list shows up. But when I hook into the process of another user there is no threads list. Ans I have administrator rights on this server.

How can I overcome this?

05 error is “Access denied” error.
Normally I would say right-click on the exe and say “Run as Administrator” but in this case you’re trying to run it from the cmd line.
Have you tried using RunAs cmd?

Yes, I have tried that too.
Strange I don’t have access rights, I am logged in as administrator on this server. And I can log out this user if I want to.

With the help of Also I was able to solve this. In stead of starting it from the command prompt I made the debug application the System Debugger. Now I can use the context menu in the task manager and I can also hook in to processes that are started by another user.

1 Like

Hi all,

Just an update on this. With the suggestions of here and in the Clarion NG was able to create a service which monitors all running instances of my application every three minutes. If the CPU usage comes above 94% three times in a row I kill the process.

It works fine. The users a satisfied with this workaround. They know that I cannot figure out the real issue yet and it will take some more time.