New blog entry on Clarion 11.1.13744

It’s nice they split the ReadMe into 2 parts with the below I list are not AnyScreen related. Of interest to me …

CHANGE Ctrl+V on Password to work. Will need to test if that works as expected, that Copy and Cut are not allowed, that the Right-click Popup() allows Paste, Undo but not Cut or Copy? Will need to change current paste password code to be OMIT(, _C111_)

A fix for the Find Drop List growing large that slows opening FEATURE: Added option in Tools-Options-Text Editor - "Max Search History" to set the number of entries saved in the search history. When the maximum is reached the IDE will remove the oldest item in the list.. Make a note to check that setting.

I detailed the CHANGE: Numbers for some PROPLIST: and CHANGE: Renumber some properties to eliminate clashing in this 13729 PreRelease post topic. You can use new compile symbol _C111_ if you need to code those numbers.

The big problem in 13630 was fixed: FIX: Warning "Calling function as procedure" cancelled the call being made. Workaround is to add PROC

There is a thread here on the Browse template problem of Local Group with PRE() where Bruce posted a fix. Nice to have it officially fixed. PTSS 43130 FIX: Browse using local data declared inside a group with a prefix did not generate the correct code

*/--- Clarion 11.1.13744  June 4, 2021 ----- Fixes/Changes/Features--/
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Re-compilation of all program components is required

FEATURE: New public IRpt interface for callbacks invoked by the RTL during report generation
FEATURE: Improved lower level RTL support for AnyScreen
FEATURE: Added option in Tools-Options-Text Editor - "Max Search History" to set the number of entries saved in the search history. When the maximum is reached the IDE will remove the oldest item in the list.
FEATURE: Port the event handling implementation from C12 to avoid inter-thread SendMessage on execution of POST and NOTIFY

CHANGE: Support Ctrl-V to paste into ENTRY fields that have the PASSWORD attribute
CHANGE: IMDD template: fix typo/misspell in global prompt
CHANGE: Numbers for some PROPLIST:* properties changed because of clash with font properties
CHANGE: Extend the list of system colors available in the Color dialog
CHANGE: adjusted template text for Transaction Manager extension to make better use of the available window dimensions
CHANGE: New option in Tools-Options-IDE-Projects And Solutions "Omit Warnings for Read Only Access Denied Errors"
CHANGE: Make code to set/get RTF controls properties more efficient
CHANGE: Renumber some properties to eliminate clashing ** IMPORTANT: All binaries must be re-compiled
CHANGE: Compiler: Update symbols for conditional compilation; _C111_

FIX: EVENT:CloseDown could be internally posted in incorrect thread
FIX: If a control is CREATEd in the active MDI child window's toolbar, its view in the Frame might not be refreshed
FIX: Improve InMemoryCachedTable template to better work with MSSQL and for using Dictionary defined Memory Tables
FIX: Importing a whole module from TXA would duplicate the Module in the target app if the module already existed, instead of using the existing module.
FIX: Importing a procedure from another app that contains the same Global Extension that populates a Procedure Extension but the Global Extension are in different Order was creating Duplicate Procedure Extensions that could not be deleted.
FIX: Compiler: incorrect code could be generated for a BIND statement
FIX: Libraries were not correctly linked into a project if you were linking a lib in lib mode and you referenced the project for the lib rather than adding the lib as a library to a project
FIX: Opening a dct with fields derived from other fields would loose any changes made in the derived field
FIX: Possible GPF or deadly lock on execute of DESTROY
FIX: SELECT for tree Listboxes could work incorrectly
FIX: Compiler: Searching a CLASS method by its identifier could give incorrect results if the method is declared in a parent CLASS
FIX: Setting of the PROP:FalseValue property to a check control was being handled incorrectly
FIX: The size of a field was not set correctly if a field was changed to be derived from a field which did have a size and the field originally did not have a size.  For example, changing from a LONG to being derived from a STRING(30)
FIX: The list of system colors labels was incorrect
FIX: The LOSEFOCUS event was not generated on switching to another application if the only window open was MDI frame
FIX: The template text for Transaction Manager extension incorrectly said to use ThisTransaction.Start(), whereas the correct method to call is ThisTransaction.Run(). 
FIX: The IDE could lock up when importing old apps
FIX: Values returned from calls to FIRSTFIELD and LASTFIELD could become wrong after DESTROY
FIX: Warning "Calling function as procedure" cancelled the call being made

PTSS 43130 FIX: Browse using local data declared inside a group with a prefix did not generate the correct code
PTSS 43138: FIX: If PROP:SQL is the first command used on a file that has a server side autoincrementing field, and the PROP:SQL did not retrieve that field, then ADD would not correctly exclude that field from the generated INSERT statement
1 Like

It does indeed behave in this way. Paste and Undo are allowed, Cut and Copy are not.

It is still marginally inferior to PassPaste because PassPaste clears the clipboard after the password is pasted - which is a good thing to do. But it’s a huge step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Sure am glad I got my email announcement with a link to the release…

NOT.

1 Like

Hi Steve,

not really sure if you’re saying you didn’t want the upgrade, or you didn’t get the email. Assuming the later I recommend you contact [email protected] - either you’re not listed on the CSP program, or the email got sent to an address you’re not expecting, or it (most likely) got filtered out by a spam filter.

Given that most email is deliberately not delivered, if you didn’t get it check your spam folder on your side, and if it’s not there contact SV to resend.

Cheers
Bruce

Clarion C11.1.13744 - not work in REPORT:

Self.Report$?TextField{Prop:FontSize} = 32
    Report$?TextField{Prop:FontName} = 'Times New Roman'

Have you created a PTSS report for this?
SoftVelocity don’t hang out here (or even on the newsgroups much), they only seem to take note of PTSS reports.

Unfortunately, I don’t have access to PTSS.
I wanted to warn programmers Clarion about problems.

I confirmed your bug and reported it via email. I started a new topic. There is a workaround with SetTarget

Should it not be a PTSS?

I generally do both. Send to Robert in support with details so he can confirm and the write up a PTSS report.