- as more as I expected people like some snippets i wrote in Clarion, I will work on a working app/project which i filter out from my commercial projects and upload in a APP/PRJ on ClarionHub and GitHub
- Project to enumerate ALL devices on your PC, so you can get a WinApi32 HANDLE to any device you want for your CreateFile operations, it’s like Device Manager but then in code, mind it shows as well ‘hidden’ devices, those you can exclude, but it is sometimes confusing, it includes the device Volume Manager which you don’t see on the Device Manager of Windows, it’s basically showing what Windows Disk Manager would show you;
- Project which ultra high speed your MS SQL inserts/reads with using native Sqlsrv32.dll https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/native-client-odbc-extensions-bulk-copy-functions/sql-server-driver-extensions-bulk-copy-functions?view=sql-server-ver15 which is done by functions like bcp_sendrow , and very confusing, but these set of Bulk Functions are working entirely different and are completely unrelated to OTHER bulk operations within this same ODBC set of functions … it is very confusing, but the bcp_ functions can insert millions of records in only a few minutes into MS SQL, which the other ODBC functions would take hours, not many people are aware of this significant different set of bulk functions with the same ODBC library (very confusing indeed). Thus you DO NOT want these: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/odbc/reference/syntax/sqlbulkoperations-function?view=sql-server-ver15 ! those are extremely slow compared to the working example I will load up this week in PRJ / APP
- a full https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/winobj but then written in Clarion. I got the code however in C++ from a good friend and a genius https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/PublicProfile/4025184 (he wrote with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Russinovich the current Microsoft Azure CTO) the famous Windows Internals books https://www.amazon.com/Windows-Internals-Part-architecture-management-ebook/dp/B0711FDMRR (Pavel is as well an author on Pluralsight additional he gives Windows Internal and C++ performance courses and much more).
- Coming weeks I go dive into https://www.capesoft.com/accessories/chromeexplorersp.htm from Bruce and I hope to load up prj examples as well. I am very enthusiastic about his new product.
- Unicode UTF16 custom painted Listboxes and Trees (fully by GDIPlus reference examples: http://www.jose.it-berater.org/gdiplus/iframe/index.htm) , so the code includes Painting on the DeviceContext, vectors, text to vectors, bitmaps, pixel management and so on, antialising technics, fontfamily implementations and so on.
- Chromeless MainFrame with subclassing and Mouse and Keyboard low level hooks etc;
the MS SQL BCP_SENDROW bulk insert c++ method from SQLSRV32.DLL are done in the same fashion like SQLITE3 C++ methods, you can get a better grasp by watching: https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/sqlite-modern-cplusplus it works kind of the same. (very different as normal ODBC functions)