A grumble and questions about template/non-template LIST controls and local data queues

First, a grumble: How come the List Box Formatter in C11 IDE is so much than C6.3? Adding fields takes upwards of 3 life times. I get that it would be different, but it looks the same and works way worse.
When you go to add a new field the “Select Column” has forgotten where you were instead of selecting the last field you added so you can just add the next one.

ANYWAY

• Am I missing something?
  • Is there a trick to adding multiple fields to the list box formatter? You can select multiple fields from the “Select Columns” window but it only adds the first one.
  • Is there a setting / template / plugin that might help?

I find myself avoiding adding LISTs to windows and almost making bad decisions because I’m absolutely dreading the time it takes to add the fields.

Thank you, I needed to let off some steam about my very minor problem.

Try using the Browse Wizard as a starting point and then edit the definition. Unless the fields are marked to NOT be displayed it gets them all in there for you.

1 Like

Have a look at the “auto field number” in the list box format.
It does not sync correctly after adding fields or even adding style informations.

After compiling, run the app, go to the browse window and delete runtime definitions with right click in the list box.

This may only apply, if you used the Browse Wizard.

1 Like