After the said update, I started seeing instances, where some of the entry control would not show text as I type. It will not show the blinking cursor either. When I tab out, the already typed text would appear. But, it would do exactly the same on the control onto which the focus has now moved into. This does not happen on all the window but always happens on same window.
- If I move the window using the title bar OR press the ALT key, this problem goes away. (It would happen again, the next time I start the application again).
- It gives the impression that, there an invisible window on top and it could be taking over the focus.
- One of my window has an automatic 5 minutes autoclose timer. This timer text is update in the windows timer event. The bizzare part is, it doesn’t refreshes the timer text at all. But, as soon as I move the window using the title bar or press ALT key, everything would works fine as expected.
- I reverted my Windows to the previous build (1607) and everything would worked fine as normal.
- This is not an isolated incident on 1 or 2 PCs. Nearly all the PC we have updated to Windows 10 1703 has this issue. Infact, it was reported to us by some of our clients.
I am in the process of isolating this issue by logging, debugging, and also removing 3rd party templates one at a time. But, so far without any success.
Is there anything anybody could think of, please suggest. I am very desparate to get to the bottom of this as this new update is being forced onto the PCs and there is not opting out feature available anymore.