Active Scripting

thank you. and what is difference between core classes and full package?

Core classes allow you to run VB/JS scripts. Add-ins are next level of abstraction; for example using ADO classes you don’t run raw scripts, instead you execute ADO commands like Open, Close, MoveNext, which hide actual script executions.

Active Script is now available on Clarionshop.

Hello,
I checked ClarionShop and there are multiple choices, so I need your advice as what I need is running embeded VBscript code in Clarion 6.3, so what selection should I make?

Regards

“Core” is enough to run raw VBscript, you can test it in the demo app (see starting message in this thread for the link and examples). Can you provide a sample script which you need to execute?

Nothing for certain because I am using vb occasionally for tasks which are not available or hard in Clarion and convert the vb to exe and call it from clarion .

Hello,

One question, windows defender keeps deleting the sample application, (it used to do this for my vbscript exe files), this one of the reasons that made me interested in your solution; is to avoid this issue as long as the script is within clarion exe which I have no problem with.

the question is am I going to face this problem as well?

Thank you

If you download the demo from the Dropbox link, does the defender keep it deleting?

unfortunately yes :frowning_face:

OK I just sent you a private message.