[ADDIN] IdeDebug v0.12

IdeDebug.zip (219.7 KB)

Addin: IdeDebug
Version: 0.12
Date: Friday, 1 February 2013

Description

Toggle QuietMode and Enable IDE Debugging and embed a view for OutputDebugString.

Usage

Configuration is found in Tools --> Options --> ClarionAddins --> Ide Debugging.

Features

• Turn OFF ‘quiet mode’ - this causes error messages to show instead of being written to XLOG files.
  • Generate Extra Debug Information - useful messages when developing addins.
  • List and view XLOG files.
  • Send IDE Debug information to OutputDebugString. Instead of editing the Clarion.exe.config file to do this it is now enabled by this addin on startup!
  • Embed DbgView from SysInternals directly in an IDE Pad! (or you can select your own viewer instead)

Release Notes

Release: 0.12, 01 February 2013

FIX: Fixed possible cross thread GUI exception in background worker.
CHANGE: Re-added the ability to view XLOG files. Turns out it’s not really a problem.

Release: 0.11, 06 November 2012

CHANGE: removed the ability to view XLOG files. Apparently this is in breach of license.

Release: 0.10, 7 June 2012

FIX: Catch possible null ref exception after locating process.

Release: 0.9, 25 April 2012

CHANGE: Removed ClarionAddins global addin dependency.

Release: 0.8, 18 April 2012

CHANGE: Now has ClarionAddins global addin dependency.
CHANGE: Options panel is now in ClarionAddins options section!

Release: 0.7, 18 April2012

CHANGE: DebugView is now opened and attached using a BackgroundWorker so as not to block IDE startup.

Release: 0.6, 26 March 2012

CHANGE: Bug #45 <http://support.fushnisoft.com/thebuggenie/clarionaddins/issues/45>_ - If DebugView is already running then this addin will attach it to the DebugView pad
CHANGE: Bug #45 <http://support.fushnisoft.com/thebuggenie/clarionaddins/issues/45>_ - If a DebugView process is found but no MainWindowHandle is available then this addin will attempt to kill the running process and restart DebugView so it can attach it to the DebugView pad

Release: 0.5, 28 February 2012

CHANGE: DbgView.exe is now launched with the ‘/f’ argument to not show the filter dialog. Without this, if you had a filter configured then DbgView would not be attached to the pad

Release: 0.4, 26 February 2012

FEATURE: Enable IDE Debug output programatically instead of by editing the Clarion.exe.config file.
FEATURE: Embed DbgView.exe in a Pad.

Release: 0.3, 13 January 2012

FEATURE: List and view XLOG files!

Release: 0.2, 20 September 2011

FIX: Removed some dependencies that I had left in for testing.

Release: 0.1, 28 August 2011

INFO: Public Release
FEATURE: Toggle IDE QuietMode on/off

I just tried to read an XLOG file in Clarion 10 via your extension. I double-clicked on a filename, as indicated. The contents show up as garbled.

I will take a look. SV kept messing around with the xlog files because they thought it was some big secret so maybe that changed again.

1 Like

There are apps other than DebugView that’ll capture the output of OutputDebugString. Can you configure which app you want to use ?