Sorry I can’t make it to the webinar today guys but I put together some links and thoughts to discuss
Quick announcement… I have started the move towards integrating ClarionAddins with Devstart.io
The idea is that you install Devstart.io (using the installer!) and then just select the addin packages you want from within the IDE. Auto updates, versions, etc. There is a bit of work to go before that goal can be met but hang in there, I think the time has come.
It’s all a little fresh so please be patient and any concerns or questions do ask and I shall respond!
Now for some addins, ideas and features you might not have knows exist!
Seriously, I would go mad looking at the built in startpage every time I open Clarion. Blurgh.
Get it. Now. --> https://devstart.io/download.html
I mean look…
The Default StartPage:
Not only that, you can expand details for items, sort, filter/search and much more!
Shortcut to Source
See this topic for more A shortcut key from the app tree to go into viewing the source code?
This is just one feature in MainToolbarExtras addin. I use this ALL the time. Big love for this one!
NOTE: I just discovered that the latest Clarion has hot keys for those buttons now!!!
Of course… I still prefer my Alt+S. Using Alt+B is a bit of a contortion. I am biased
Switching Editor Windows from the keyboard.
See the answer to this question: In the Clarion IDE, is there a practical way to switch between editor tabs using kbd short-cuts?
Use it all the time, gotta have it!
Using the fabulous KeyboardShortcuts addin.
Oh, and I was going to say “also re-map the Alt+W key so that you can open the window designer from the keyboard” but… WHAAA!?
It looks like SV have changed the shortcut on the button. Good call guys! Alt+I opens the windows designer.
(how long have these been there?!)
PropertyGridExtras - Remember expanded state
Like the title says, explained here in the topic PropertyGridExtras - Remember expanded state
I am so used to this I forget it is there
Also, I like the other tweaks added to the property grid by this addin.
And the rest…
I have to wind it up so I am just going to put a few bullet points and then a list of all the addin topics that are now on this site. They still need some cleanup but hopefully you get the idea.
- I am a big fan of how my IDE looks so the SetTheme is a big one for me.
- Along that line there is also the SolutionIcons addin.
- Combining those two with a dark syntax highlighting scheme and tweaking the IDE color scheme you can get a decent looking setup.
- SearchPadExtras adds some handy things too, don’t forget that one!
- ProjectBrowserExtras - WOW, I forgot about that one!
- IDE Debug is strangely under-loved. I still feel that embedded DebugView(++) is neat as. NOTE: This addin is not just for helping debug the IDE, use it to help “debug” your programs too!
- Ah… ClaEvaluate. The inspiration behind last weeks webinar!
- CancelBuildButtons is one of the first addins I think. Pretty sure John and/or Arnold encouraged that too! Check out my old blog!
- The ClarionLiveAddin could do with some love. It is built using Clarion# would you believe it!
- ClearErrors - sometimes handy to have though I think out-of-the-box here is something similar now.
- ImageViewer and UrlBinding have a bit of a niche audience but don’t pass them over… you might be missing out.
- InsertClarionColor is still a good one and IMHO just a little better than the version that now ships with the IDE.
Oh, did I mention that anyone who has already bought addins will get transitioned over to a Devstart.io subscription? I was thinking at least the first 6 months for free but do please let me know how you feel about that now system and we can work towards a suitable arrangement!