Adjust Y Position on Report Detail for Label Printer

Good afternoon!
I’m trying to edit the Y-position of a report; it’s labels.
But I can’t find the point to adjust it.
Can anyone help me?
I’m trying to use

REPORT$?detail_termica{PROP:Ypos}=1

or

SetTarget(report)
REPORT$?detail_termica{PROP:Ypos}=1
settarget()

But the ?detail tag doesn’t change position.
I need this because label printers have different values ​​for this starting position.
I would like to be able to edit this according to the client’s printer.

My report

REPORT  REPORT('Etiquetas A4'),AT(1,15,41,25),PRE(RPT),PAPER(PAPER:USER,2350,1580),FONT('MS Sans Serif', |
          8,,FONT:regular),MM
detail_termica DETAIL,AT(0,0,43,25),USE(?detail_termica),#ORDINAL(1)
            STRING(@s45),AT(3,0,39,4),USE(Qtq_:Line1),FONT('Tw Cen MT Condensed',10,,,CHARSET:ANSI), |
              TRN,#ORIG(?String1),#ORDINAL(2)
            STRING(@s45),AT(3,4,39),USE(Qtq_:Line2),FONT('Tw Cen MT Condensed',10,,,CHARSET:DEFAULT), |
              TRN,#ORIG(Qtq_:Line1),#ORDINAL(3)
            STRING(@s45),AT(3,8,39),USE(Qtq_:Line3),FONT('Tw Cen MT Condensed',10,,,CHARSET:DEFAULT), |
              TRN,#ORIG(Qtq_:Line1),#ORDINAL(4)
            STRING(@s50),AT(3,14,37,9),USE(Qtq_:Line7),FONT('C39HrP24DhTt',25,,,CHARSET:ANSI), |
              CENTER,#ORIG(Qtq_:Line5),#ORDINAL(5)
          END
        END

It is programmed to y=15, but in some cases I need to change it to 0, for example.
I would like to do this with variables, without having to modify the report.

Thank you!

You can’t really fight the report by changing the detail’s position like that (unless you want to use ABSOLUTE and own the position every time :slight_smile: )

I would query the printer’s printable area, then set the report’s dimensions. Then the detail will print where it’s supposed to go, naturally.

Try adding a report header and adjusting the height of that.

A detail prints at wherever the report print head is at the time, automatically, so I don’t think you can change it?

You need to adjust the Report AT(1,15,41,25).

That Report AT() is what defines the X/Y and Width/Weight of the “Print Area” for Details, so that lets you adjust the position of all details on a page. You probably have just 1 detail, but it works the same.

In Designer you would find this on the “Report Designer” menu an item named “Page Layout View”. Normally you work in “Band View”.


Since you just have 1 Detail an alternative would be to add the “ABSOLUTE” attribute to the DETAIL. Then the Detail AT(X,Y) is relative to the Page not the Report so REPORT$?detail_termica{PROP:Ypos}=1 would work to move it up to 1. IIRC ABSOLUTE only allows one detail per report page.

I didn’t solve it; I created new reports—one for each label type… unfortunately.
Thanks.

I note your workaround but this is what I did .. Printing Avery Labels - 65 per page

You might also get some ideas from Lee White’s “nudge” code as published in Clarion Mag long ago (page 45 in the PDF).

You can also find his zip of sample code in the cmag repository.