ANN: Easy Edge (Chromium) ver 1.06 released!

SDK: 1.0.1150.38
WebView2 Runtime: 99.0.1150.38 or higher.
Release notes: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/release-notes

NEW: Global template option “Custom install procedure” allows to call a custom install procedure instead of built-in DownloadAndInstallRuntime method.
NEW: Global template option “Do not copy DLLs” to prevent from copying the dlls to the app folder.
NEW: OnBasicAuthenticationRequested event raised when WebView2 encounters a Basic HTTP Authentication request as described in https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Authentication or an NTLM authentication request.
NEW: OnNavigationCompleted/OnFrameNavigationCompleted events can report 2 new error statuses: ValidAuthenticationCredentialsRequired and ValidProxyAuthenticationRequired.
NEW: Local template: (Environment tab) “Enable single sign on with AAD resources” checkbox.
NEW: UserDataFolder method returns the user data folder. This could be either the value passed to Init method or the calculated one for default handling. And will always be an absolute path.
NEW: Overloaded DownloadAndInstallRuntime(STRING downloadUri) method.
NEW: Embed point Initialization->Init method.
NEW: The demo app now includes HTTP basic authentication example.

HTTP basic authentication and NTLM authentication
By default HTTP basic authentication and NTLM authentication requests inside WebView2 show the authentication UI, which is a dialog prompt in which the user can type in user name and password credentials just like in the Edge browser. We have been requested by WebView2 app developers to provide finer granularity for managing HTTP Basic/NTLM authentications inside WebView2, including the ability to hide the login UI and provide credentials.

Azure Active Directory
NEW: Init method now supports optional allowSingleSignOnUsingOSPrimaryAccount parameter (false by default).
It determines whether to enable single sign on with Azure Active Directory (AAD) resources inside WebView using the logged in Windows account and single sign on (SSO) with web sites using Microsoft account associated with the login in Windows account.

This release is available, free of charge, to all customers who have an active maintenance and support subscription plan.

Easy Edge (Chromium) is a Clarion wrapper around the Microsoft Edge WebView2 control that enables you to embed web technologies (HTML, CSS, and JavaScript) in your Clarion applications easily. The WebView2 control uses Microsoft Edge (Chromium) as the rendering engine to display the web content in native applications. With WebView2, you may embed web code in different parts of your native application, or build the entire native application within a single WebView.

Key features:

• Full UNICODE support
  • Execute javascript and get a result
  • CKEditor v4 HTML editor template support
  • File system navigation
  • An access to Chrome DevTools Protocol API (DevTools console)
  • Deploying your application - Besides an usual exe, dll, etc files you should ship just 4 small DLLs (330Kb) with your end-user application

Easy Edge (Chromium) is implemented as a set of classes available as full source code, template, and .NET assemblies. You can freely distribute your application using our DLLs without any additional costs. After your purchase, no additional fees are required for distribution.

For use Easy Edge (Chromium) following is needed:

• Clarion C6.3 or newer, ABC or Legacy.
  • NET: v4.6.2 or newer

You are able to run Easy Edge (Chromium) applications on the following versions of Windows:

• Windows 11
  • Windows 10
  • Windows 8.1
  • Windows 7 **
  • Windows Server 2019
  • Windows Server 2016
  • Windows Server 2012
  • Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 **

** WebView2 support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 has the same support cycle as Microsoft Edge. For more information, navigate to Microsoft Edge supported Operating Systems.

More info and DEMO at
http://www.ingasoftplus.com/ProductDetail.php?ProductID=304

Cost just $175.

Discounted price for EasyHTML clients!!

After your purchase, no additional fees are required for distribution.

best regards,
Ingasoftplus

1 Like

About the file explorer: when I click on a file, for example a .pdf file, it open it and shows the text in the explorer window. But now I have to close the explorer window to show the files again. Can I do something about that, for example add kind of close 'button?

File explorer: Is it possible in EasyEdge to open a document outsite the explorer viewer.

You can use standard “Back” option, either from context menu (mouse right click) or Alt-Left arrow (keyboard). GoBack() method does the same.

Yes: in OnNavigationStarting event handler you can set pCancel parameter to TRUE to cancel the navigation, and open the document in associated program using ShellExecute api.

And if you have a question it’s better to open new thread, this thread is just for an announcement.

Thanks Mike, but how do I go back from opened .pdf file
https://www.screencast.com/t/LRPRd40W8Lvf
I mean back to the explorer window where I can see my files

You open pdf file in same Easy Edge instance so Back command should return you to previous page (file listing).