ANN: Updown control

Overview

Updown control is similar to regular SPIN control, except Updown can contain more than 1 scrollable part.
For example, if Updown control contains DATE value, say “NOV 03,2020”, a user can scroll months, days and years separately.
Similarly, if Updown control contains TIME value, say “07:44 PM”, a user can scroll hours, minutes and 12-hour mark separately.

Instead of typing a text a user selects required value with down and up arrows or mouse wheel. A navigation between different parts of a control
is performed by left and right arrows or mouse click.

The package contains a set of classes and a template.

Predefined control types

There are several control types from the box.

• DATE: supported all date formats except @D17 and @D18.
  • TIME: supported all time formats except @T7 and @T8.
  • RGB: color selector with 3 separated values (red, green, blue).
  • Choice: a list of predefined values.

Demo program

The demo shows DATE and TIME controls with different formats, RGB controls, and Weekday control.

The demo can be downloaded here.

Requirements

• CW8 and newer
  • ABC and Clarion template chain
  • No extra libraries

Price

$150 via PayPal

Home page

Contacts

[email protected]
[email protected]

Hi Mike - That’s pretty neat. A couple of questions:

1. What if someone just wanted to type or paste a date or time (or select/copy)?
  2. Does the control USE() a Clarion variable that can be updated directly (such as to pass to a lookup calendar) or does a GetValue()/SetValue() kind of thing need to be used?

Also, it would be sweet to support quicken-styled keystrokes. Such as “T” for TODAY() on date controls.
That time scroll is really neat. I wish I would have had that available 20 years ago. Time UI has always been a PITB.

Thanks

Hi Jeff,

thank you for the feedback.

1. What if someone just wanted to type or paste a date or time (or select/copy)?

For now the behavior is similar to dropdown list - it only allows to choose existing value, type/copy/paste make no sense.
I’ll think about it.

1. Does the control USE() a Clarion variable that can be updated directly (such as to pass to a lookup calendar) or does a GetValue()/SetValue() kind of thing need to be used?

The behavior is the same as for regular ENTRY: if myVar is USE variable, then
myVar = newValue; DISPLAY(?myVar).

If the ENTRY has no USE() variable, then CHANGE(?ENTRY1, newValue).

Also, it would be sweet to support quicken-styled keystrokes. Such as “T” for TODAY() on date controls.

I’ll think about it.

PS
I reloaded the demo, accidently screensaver timeout was too short.

1 Like