Anyone want to take over a product?

I have a software product for managing (mostly) collegiate gymnastics competitions. I have been selling it since 1990 and most of the university gymnastics programs in the USA use it. As you might imagine, that is not a large customer base and this product was not the only one that kept me housed and fed all these years.

Several years ago I mostly retired but the love of the sport and the people I have gotten to know over the years had me continuing to update and license the gymnastics program. It is currently using a subscription model with yearly renewal required.

Anyway, recent health issues have forced me to finally stop working entirely but I don’t want to leave my customers in the lurch if possible. I am looking for someone who would like to continue maintaining and perhaps updating the program going forward. I am not asking for payment. I want to just turn over all the Clarion source code, customer information, etc. to anyone willing to commit to keeping it going. I will also happily work with you as much as necessary to bring you up to speed.

The current version is in Clarion 6 but I have a Clarion 10 version that is mostly complete and runnable but with some remaining issues. Both versions use a number of 3rd party Clarion add-ons, most from SoftVelocity and Capesoft. The installer is Setupbuilder.

It currently brings in about $12,000 - $20,000 per year depending on sales of associated hardware add-on. Except for finalizing the Clarion 10 version, it requires very little effort once a year to send out update invoices, update hard-coded version numbers, and send out activations once invoices are paid.

So, is anyone interested?

3 Likes

Hi, Peter.
I’m interested, but I don’t know if you are thinking in someone residing in the US only (I’m not).
I have all the licenses for Clarion (up to 11.1), Capesoft’s add-ons (almost all) and Setupbuilder.
Is this a software that bundles with a hardware, so the university actually buys the hardware and obtains the software, or how this works?

Kind regards,
Jorge Lavera

Hello Peter,

I’m interested and can help you out better. Although, I’d like to run with different set of technology which could be far better than Clarion. Migration wouldn’t take much time for me. Since you are not looking for pay against this product, let’s have some collaborative deal.

Peter,

I see that you have received several responses to your inquiry. I was wondering if you would be willing to share your application for possible implementation for other type of competition events.

Hi Peter,

I supply a similar type of program to the Sailing community - World wide
www.Sailwave.com this is written in Clarion 11 now although it has been through all the different generations of Clarion. I supply it free of charge but do get some kind donations.
Jon

Mr. Peter,
I hope that you will overcome your health problems and recover fully.
I have been in a challenging health situation, too, and I know how hard it is to work under pressure.
If you need anything, I’ll be happy to help.
Stay strong.

Peter,

Can you provide what 3rd party extensions you use. I would be interested in helping out, I just need to know what additional extensions I would need if any.

Steve

I want to thank all who replied here and via private messages. I am now working with one of those who replied privately and we are working toward a transfer. Of course, if you are interested, you can let me know so that if my current partner changes his mind, I will consider others.

My program would need a complete rewrite to work with other competition events as it is tailored specifically to collegiate gymnastics in the USA. Therefore I am not willing to share the code as that would undercut the person I am working with to do the take-over. Thanks for asking.

Thank you Milos for your kind words. I’ve been to the hospital (and airports) far too much for my liking and the difficult parts are still in my future.

1 Like

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your interest. I’ve already found someone to take over the product.