AnyScreen from the v13630 IDE

Using a clean install of v13630.

The AnyScreen cache created from within the v13630 IDE when a program is run (WinAPI or HTML5) does not seem to be cleared/changed when the program is changed & recompiled.

The result I see is that screen changes are viewable when run as a win exe, but they do not show with AnyScreen AFTER being run the first time. Manually deleting all files in the cache folder corrects this BUT is of course not a practical workaround.

Here is my test code. Make any screen change between compiles to see if the cache is cleared.

PROGRAM
  MAP
AnySampleProc PROCEDURE   
  END
INCLUDE('AnyScreen.inc')
INCLUDE('KeyCodes.clw')
  CODE
  AnySampleProc 

AnySampleProc PROCEDURE
TheWindow WINDOW('Caption'),AT(,,252,150),CENTER,GRAY,FONT('Tahoma',10)
          BUTTON('&OK'),AT(165,117,60,20),USE(?BTN:Ok),LEFT
     END
  CODE 
  AnyScreen:Init()
  OPEN(TheWindow)
  ACCEPT
    CASE EVENT()
    OF EVENT:Accepted
      CASE ACCEPTED()
      OF ?BTN:Ok
        BREAK
      END
    END  
  END 
  CLOSE(TheWindow)
  AnyScreen:Kill()  
  RETURN

FYI -Putting code in a message like that causes the single quotes to use the wrong quote characters when you copy to clipboard.

I get the same behavior. The window changes don’t show until after I delete the file in the cache folder.

Also, a couple of times, the program ran outside the browser as an EXE. The browser would open, and so would the app, but the app wasn’t inside the browser. If I closed the app then refreshed the browser, it would appear.

Edit: Fixed

For reference to those new to markdown, surround your code with 3 backticks like this:

```
    MyTest PROCEDURE()
    ! Some code goes in the middle here
      CODE
    ```

Will look like:

MyTest PROCEDURE()
  ! Some code goes in the middle here
  CODE

The official method of clearing the AnyScreen cache is to use Ctrl+F5
But it will only work when the AnyScreen browser is open but no app is currently active.
So you need to launch your app, immediately close it down within the browser, clear the cache with Ctrl+F5 and then relaunch the app.
A bit of a pain all round - I’ve suggested that at least for the developer version the cache should be auto-cleared on launch each time - but no response as yet.

Wondering if clearing could be made dependent upon debug/release.
Can’t imagine anyone being tolerant of doing it manually when tweaking screen controls.