Application Broker

Does anyone what is application broker? what the app for? and how to use it?
thx

Doesn’t it break the applications?

1 Like

I don’t think so. It is contain port and something for web app but don’t know to use it

The Application Broker is the web server used by the Internet Connect / WebBuilder / H5 templates.

The Appboker listens on the designated web port and then starts an instance of the Exe for each user that connects. The H5 templates then feed the AppBroker with current app state, html and so on, and the AppBroker routes that back to the browser.

Do you have the example app ?

As far as I am aware (as at the time of writing) there are no example apps for H5. Or documentation. there are however some videos on YouTube and there’s a few folk in the newsgroup who help each other.

http://www.softvelocity.com/h5-tutorials.html

Open this link for tutorials.

Bruce, do you know if the web builder templates come with the Enterprise edition of Clarion? Or, is that an add-on?

It comes with Enterprise Edition. Although folks tend to use the term “H5” now. I’m not sure the original WebBuilder stuff ships anymore (at all) I think it’s all been replaced with H5.

Seems almost same as xammp on mysql database. Which are configure the database control panel …which are there are port number where database run …

Hope the sofvelocity can jump in and make the explanation…and it will helpfull

Hi @joekanan, unfortunately we have not yet manged to entice any SV folks to be active here yet. @bob.ricketts did sign up but has not since posted…

Perhaps it would be worth emailing or calling them directly (or the newsgroups may be an option)? Feel free to encourage them to jump in here and help out though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
Excellent example of H5 app on GitHub.

1 Like

Hi FoucheRabie,
I’m trying to open the app example, but there’s an errors said " cannot create an application because no templates have been registered "
can you tell me how to solve the problems?

thx,

Joe

Morning,

(can one reply to this post via email?-Wow!)

It appears that the in your case that the “H5 Web Template V3” template has not been registered.

Tools -> Edit Template Registry…

Groete,

Fouché Rabie (Tel:082 443 8230)

1 Like

Dear FoucheRabie,
Where do I can get that template ? does it is exist on the example directory? cause I can’t find it. Does the template needed even I only need to open from the clarion app ?
this one below is my template …
tpl

thx

Hello,

The template is included in the Enterprise Edition of Clarion…

Based upon this thread H5 template is only available in EE edition.

https://clarionhub.com/t/clarion-10-subscription-feature-comparison-professional-vs-enterprise/664/10

“Also, someone on the newsgroup noted that H5 is EE only.”

Groete,

Fouché Rabie (Tel:082 443 8230)

Dear FoucheRabie,
Actually my clarion is enteprise edition 12799 but cannot open the app…

thx

Hi @joekanan,

Find “wbmain.tpl” file under your Clarion installation directory “template\win” then register it on your template registry.

Dear Romuald,
I’ve found the template next where should I register?
I just register the template…but it show an errors as captured show…

thx