Brent Ozar's "Dirty Little Secret"

Since he’s been a recent mention. (And I, like Rick, have been through his fundamentals and “mastering” classes)…

He started life as a Clarion programmer :nerd_face::

I like this bit

Right before the Y2K crisis, I went to work for a software company and learned Topspeed Clarion

After a few years of programming, project management, armchair architecture and honing my skillz, we decided that we had to get out of the dying Clarion and into a language with more legs.

So that would have been 97/98/99 and then leaving Clarion after a few years, so 2-5yrs using Clarion before buying into the Clarion is dying meme.

Something I’ve learnt recently is the Angry Karen meme was “invented by business types” to reduce the number of women taking purchases back for refunds. I know its officially portrayed as a white women privilege thing, but I’ve seen that not everything officially portrayed is the truth as we know with Clarion still being around all these years later.

I’m probably not the only one here to remember the Clarion/Dreamweaver hot development plan (ie promise, wild ass idea, momentary spasm).

[Starting the SQL Journey - Brent Ozar Unlimited® ]

Adobe Dreamweaver) because it offered a slick, intuitive GUI that let you build code by dragging and dropping components onto the page. It worked great in the sense that a programming virgin like me could build an application that actually worked.

Right before the Y2K crisis, I went to work for a software company and learned Topspeed Clarion.

It wasnt just restricted to Clarion or Dreamweaver, Lotus Approach was also a similar DB Gui for noobs, but it lacked the templates and embeds so it couldnt really be extended in any way.