C11 AppGen crash caused by this template but its not crashing C6

So this templateIS_BasicAppTemplate.zip (3.3 KB)
crashes the C11 appgen when I select the Template view from the drop down.
See the log EXCEPTION-220519-135705.zip (4.5 KB)

in C6 it doesnt crash, it only throws the error “Unknown variable ‘%t’” when I click on the Template view tab eight times.

So a case sensitive search for %t doesnt show up anything, so what else would I look for?

I havent searched the template file for any hidden codes or anything at this stage.

Hi Richard

I am probably not the best person to ask but I presume it is not case sensitive and therefore referring to your use of %T on line 4 for example.

If you look at line 79 you will see you have a #PROMPT which from memory acts as an implicit define if it is undefined at that point.

So what happens if you add

#DECLARE(%DT)
#DECLARE(%T)

before the #CALL on line 4?

just a guess really but worth a try

cheers

Geoff R

So there are two ways to declare %TemplateSymbols for a template, using either #Declare(%DeclareSymbol) or #Prompt(‘SomeText’,EntryType),%PromptSymbol

I cant use a #DeclaredSymbol in a #prompt, its got to be one or the other, otherwise the appgen complains.

What I dont understand is why the AppGen only complains when I select the Template view, it generates the app just fine adjusting for the C6 and C11 differences but I couldnt understand why it wasnt displaying any of the section details (#Application, #Procedure) in the Template view.

I dont know if I’m missing something, doing something in a wrong order or something else.

Havent figured it out yet.

As I was getting 8 of those messages, I did search for 8 instances of %T somewhere but havent looked at any other multiples/divisions of 8 yet.

Edit. One thing I’ve not tested yet which it might be is the #Call immediately after the #Procedure before the #Restrict. Because parts of the templates code gets called many times, #tab being one example, they called as if they are in an accept loop of sorts.