C6 to C11 report convert - print to SV PDF fonts/strings looks like transparency problem

C6 to C11 report convert - print to SV PDF fonts/strings looks like transparency problem
works fine in C6

tried the 2009 solution for c6 and same thing
https://www.icetips.com/showarticle.php?articleid=1494&frompage=ccs_article_list

report looks like

any help would be much appreciated
StanMan

It looks like there might be a pixel to dialog unit mismatch or something along those lines because the fields placed on the report dont look big enough in the pdf.

What happens if you make one of the fields in the report much bigger, ie drag its size out to the left and down, does that improve the pdf output for that field then?

it prints just fine straight to printer OR a pdf printer, but going to SV PDF does that

i ended up removing all the TRN in code

i just cant see that someone else hasnt had this problem, assumed it may have been common

StanMan

In C6, alot of the PDF output is called from a class which writes out the pdf, in C7 I think the report engine changed and it became an image file embedded in a pdf, which meant for me, URL links in the pdf no longer worked so I stuck with C6.

hi Richard,

It’s a template option as to which behaviour it uses.
Go to the PDF extension in the report, General Tab, “Use Scan Copy Mode”.
If this is on then the PDF is generates as a collection of “images”. If it is off then it generates the PDF as text.

Scan Copy Mode is used (ie on) when you need to include something that the engine can’t do in text. Most commonly it’s used for including non-english characters.

1 Like

Friend, I solved it by changing the Height and Width options in AT, in the report property from true to false.
I believe this is a Clarion bug.
Hugs

I had the same problem with many customers.