Clarion 10.0.12799 and TopScan

Hi,

Is it only me or is there a problem with TopScan.

In my DCT I have:
Create = Ticked
Encrypt = Ticked
Threaded = Ticked
Owner Name = Something

It gives me an error:
TopScan cannot import the structure of the table UNNAMED of Branch.Tps
Error: Invalid Data File

However my program works 100% with the file so there is nothing wrong with the file.

PLEASE IGNORE.
It is my fault.
I tried with the wrong password

Regards

Johan de Klerk

1 Like

Hi,

TOPSCAN for C10 seem to throw this error if the file is passworded. But, thereafter it will prompt you for the password. If the password is correct, then it will open the tps file for you.

For me, TOPSCAN for C10 is a backward step compared to C6. It takes around 35-40 seconds to launch (every single time) on my Windows 10 Enterprise pc. To use the search using the keys, you now need to click on the magnifying icon first (why?). When you try to edit a row, you’ll see each column becoming editable from left to right (This is not a visual effect). For all the reasons mentioned above and a few more I’ve experienced, I have switched to topscan for c6 on the development machine and it works perfect.

Regards

Hi Mathew,

I agree it is way worse than the C6.3 version, it is actually very bad.
To paste a Password you first have to click on the little eye icon, what a waste of time.

I did not know the C6.3 version will work, thanks for the tip.
I am going to switch to the C6.3 version as well.

Regards

Johan de Klerk

As long as you’re not using the newer TPS encryption, I agree the C6 Topscan might be a better choice.

I don’t know if it’s improved since the last time I used it, but the version I tried didn’t like having an unnamed table along with named tables.in the same TPS. That made it unusable for our porpoises. :dolphin: