Clarion 10 + FM3 + Windows 11 doesn't work?

Hello,

I use Clarion 10 build 11834 and FM3 5.29!

I used this configuration without problem on Windows 10, but I recently switched to Windows 11, I installed Clarion 10 in D:\Clarion10, but as a result, FM3 in DCT no longer shows the capesoft option when I try to include a “version” in the table, I’m using ODBC because I access tables in Postgres, but this worked for years on Windows 10, will this be a problem with Windows 11? I already sent a message to capesoft, but I didn’t receive a response!!

grateful

Of course, you don’t need the options. You can free-text Version.

I had a similar issue of the Capesoft dictionary options not appearing a few years ago, although in my case I thought it was due to using the /Configdir switch to launch Clarion.

I needed to find the file called capesoft.dctopt file (in my case it was in c:\users\jane\appdata\roaming\SoftVelocity\Clarion\10.0\DictionaryOptions)

I copied capesoft.dctopt into the folder where SoftVelocity.dctopt lives (in my case it was c:\c10\data\DictionaryOptions for clarion installed into C:\C10)

If you’re not using /ConfigDir and this fixes it for you, Bruce’s installer may need to be updated to use the Clarion root rather than AppData.

HTH

I have a similar issue but I am using Clarion 11.1 on Windows 11

As Jane noted, this is not a limitation. Set the Type to STRING, and set the Option name to VERSION.
Then put any number you like into the value.

As Jane also noted, the option is missing because you did not copy over your SoftVelocity settings from Windows 10 to Windows 11. If you like just install FM3 into your Windows 11 build and the option should re-appear.

Alternatively look for
%appdata%\SoftVelocity\Clarion on your old machine, and copy that folder to your new machine.

Lastly - I don’t know what address you emailed to with this issue, but I didn’t get it.

Of course, you don’t need the options. You can free text version.

Thanks for your attention, really using free text works. But I have tables in ODBC and TPS, the ODBC ones are migrated to the new version, but the TPS gives error 47

If you are not using /ConfigDir and this resolves the issue, the
Bruce’s installer may need to be updated to use >Clarion root instead of AppData.

Yes, I used the folder configuration finisher that comes with FM3

Thanks

Hi Bruce

As Jane noted, this is not a limitation. Set the Type to STRING, and set
the Option name to VERSION. Then put any number you like into the
value.

As I did like Jane just now, in this app I have ODBC and TPS tables, when I modify it I implement the version number in the ODBC tables it works, but in the TPS tables I get error 47

As Jane also noted, the option is missing because you did not copy
over your SoftVelocity settings from Windows 10 to Windows 11. If
you like just install FM3 into your Windows 11 build and the option
should re-appear.

I installed it from scratch, as I changed the installation location, which was on the C:\CLARION10 drive to D:\CLARION10

Alternatively look for %appdata%\SoftVelocity\Clarion on your old
machine, and copy that folder to your new machine.

I am going to try!

Lastly - I don’t know what address you emailed to with this issue, but I
didn’t get it.

I used the free support form, available on the capesoft website

I found the folder "D:\Clarion10\data\DictionaryOptions for clarion ", which has the file “SoftVelocity.dctopt”, but the “capesoft.dctopt” does not exist in it!

2 likely reasons.

a) your upg.tps does not contain the old structure
b) your builtins.clw does not have the following section at the end of the file.;

!include('builtins.fm2')
  Compile('***',FM2=1)
  Module('')
      OPEN(FILE,UNSIGNED = 022H),NAME('ds_FILEOPEN')
  End
  !***
  Omit('***',FM2=1)
  Module('')
      OPEN(FILE,UNSIGNED = 022H),NAME('Cla$FILE_OPEN')!
  End
  !***

a) your upg.tps does not contain the old structure

I opened upg.tps through the capesoft application and the version number and the new column appeared in it!

I did the following test, removed upg.tps and removed the TPS table, ran the app to create the TPS and then modified the structure of the TPS table in the DCT, implemented the version and it still showed error 47

b) your builtins.clw does not have the following section at the end of
the file.;

I’ll check and let you know!

b) your builtins.clw does not have the following section at the end of
the file.;

Hmm, I only found one version of this file in temp and with the name “BUILTINS.CLW.aaeed552.xml”, I’ll look at it on the old machine and copy it!

I found this file in “C:\Clarion10\Libscr\win” I copied it but the TPS error continues!

I went to see if in the project configuration, the compilation symbols were configured: FM2=>1;ABCDllMode=>0;ABCLinkMode=>1;

Can you find capesoft.dctopt in your old (Windows 10) installation?
If so, copy that into the same folder that has SoftVelocity.dctopt.

If not, perhaps Bruce can just send it to you or, if he’s OK with my doing so, I’ll send you a copy of what’s in my folder.

Can you find capesoft.dctopt in your old installation (Windows 10)?

I found!

If so, copy it to the same folder that has SoftVelocity.dctopt.

Wonderful, CAPESOFT options have appeared again in DCT!

If not, maybe Bruce can just send it to you, or if
he is ok with my doing so, I will send him a copy of what
it’s in my folder.

Now the error 47 problem continues, only in the TPS tables, but I believe it’s something Bruce said, about Builtins.clw, this file didn’t exist, it was copied from my old machine!

I’ve not needed FM3 in the products I work on in clarion for a while.

What I do remember though is that when you install a new version or update to Clarion you have to run the Utility Template in order to get builtins.clw to the correct version needed for the “magic” to happen.

See the docs for this: CapeSoft File Manager 3 Complete Documentation

I hope that gets you going.

Mark

1 Like

Thank you, it really helped!!

But I decided to uninstall Clarion and clean any reference to it in the Windows registry and all the softvelocity folders I found on the disk, after that I reinstalled Clarion10 in D:\Clarion10 and all the Capesoft templates I have and others…

and it started working again…!! :slight_smile: