Clarion 11.1.13855

https://softvelocity.cachefly.net/Clarion-11/readme_11.1.13855.txt

This arrived in my email on Friday, along with a link to C11.1.13855 PE

*/--- Clarion 11.1.13855  Nov 30, 2023 ----- Fixes/Changes/Features--/
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW: added new embed after the OPEN(SortSelectionWindow) for Process template (both ABC and Clarion template chains)
		 #EMBED(%AfterSortSelectionWindowOpened,'After Sort Selection Window Opened')
PTSS 43361: Blobsrv.tpw - DISPLAY was generated before ACCEPT
PTSS 43384: crash on table import
PTSS 43386: import table caused runtime error
PTSS 43387: Libmaker crash on startup
PTSS 43390: TpsFix GPF on open
PTSS 43391: Import SQL table GPF
PTSS 43392: dct Edior crash on edit of driver string
PTSS 43393: TpsFix does not work
PTSS 43394: Dct editor the Browse table crashed
PTSS 43395: DCT Delete table                                                                                                                                                                          
PTSS 43396: Import Table & DCT change auto-changing col info on 30 Col+ Tables 
PTSS 43386: DCT. Table Imp                                                                                                                                                                            
PTSS 43388: StClipBoard            
5 Likes

Looks like those are probably mostly fixing regressions from the last build.

2 Likes

I’ll post the previous release 13845 from Oct 20, 2023 here also:

https://softvelocity.cachefly.net/Clarion-11/readme_11.1.13845.txt

*/--- Clarion 11.1.13845  Oct 20, 2023 ----- Fixes/Changes/Features--/
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGE: Added code for trapping an invalid field datatype used as a key component in a conversion of a DCT from C6
CHANGE: Potential problem in the Clarion compiler: if a function has parameter(s) of type CONST *CSTRING, the code generation could fail with an ISL(0) error. (when the function was compiling in debug mode)
CHANGE: RTF Control, new methods to Copy/Cut/Paste from internal storage to avoid using the Clipboard
CHANGE: RTF Control, new method to get the selected RTF text 
CHANGE: RTF Control, new methods that executes actions using the internal Property,Selection and Font Interfaces directly from the RTFClass
CHANGE: RTL RTF Control added two new methods to get the selected RTF formatted content and to get its size in bytes. [SelectedRTFText and GetSelectedRTFLength]
CHANGE: When a Field derived from an invalid key component is found the "derived from" is removed instead of the DCT conversion failing, and the issue is recorded to the log
FIX: ABC ASCII FileClass was not being read by the ABC Reader
FIX: Drag-n-drop from an external program to LIST controls would not set the row/field values returned by PROPLIST:MouseUpRow and PROPLIST:MouseUpField
FIX: Fuzzy class could give compile errors
FIX: IMDD could fail in some multi-thread environments
FIX: Quicksocket template was not exported from the Data DLL
FIX: RTL RTF SelectedText methods was returning values in utf8 and affecting CSTRING fields
FIX: String value can be decoded incorrectly on assignment to a DECIMAL variable if the string has a leading + sign
FIX: The program could enter into infinite nesting of exception messages if the primary exception occurred during program shutdown
FIX: TopScan memory leak on closing the open files
FIX: memory leak on getting and setting some properties of controls
FIX: memory leak on the Rtf control destructor
FIX: memory leak on the LIST/COMBO/DROP control destructor
FIX: Dictionary Export to DCTX lost BLOB/MEMO User Options or Comments and they were assigned to an adjoining column [PTSS 42711]
NEW: updated the S3 binaries to latest available from Amazon ver 3.7.###. This was required to use TLS 1.2 connections

A bug of concern for many is the fixing the Memory Driver
FIX: IMDD could fail in some multi-thread environments

1 Like

@RZaunere the Read Me Description on each bug in the 13855 were very short and not enough to understand most of them. E.g. what’s the last item description “StClipBoard” tell me?

Below I pasted info from PTTS in the last column

PTTS Read Me Description PTTS Summary / Description
PTSS 43384 Crash on table import As soon as Import Table is selected - a runtime error is generated…cannot import a MS SQL table
PTSS 43386 Import table caused runtime error Duplicate see 43386 below
PTSS 43387 Libmaker crash on startup The Libmaker.Exe included with the build 11.1.13845 fails to run
PTSS 43390 TpsFix GPF on open Double click on TPSFix.exe and I immediately get a GPF
PTSS 43391 Import SQL table GPF Open a Dictionary. As soon as I click on “Import Tables” I get an immediate GPF.
PTSS 43392 Dct Edior crash on edit of driver string Attempting to alter the driver string of any table results in the IDE crashing after displaying a blank error message
PTSS 43393 TpsFix does not work After updating to 11.1.13845PE, TPSFix.exe does not work. The program always crashes.
PTSS 43394 Dct editor the Browse table crashed Browse Table button does not work, you can only select the driver, then Clarion always crashes.
PTSS 43395 DCT Delete table It is impossible to delete several tables in the dictionary. When you delete one table in the dictionary, it is impossible to delete the next table afterwards.
PTSS 43396 Import Table & DCT change auto-changing col info on 30 Col+ Tables Select table, click on any column, if there are more than 30 column, it will reset Name and Type of column.
PTSS 43386 DCT. Table Imp Dictionary Editor as soon as Import Table is selected a runtime error is generated…cannot import a TPS file
PTSS 43388 StClipBoard SetClipBoard(StringVariable) sets the clipboard to ‘StringVariable’ instead of the contents of the StringVariable
3 Likes

Hi All,
Anyone have any issues with version 11.1.13855 when using {prop:SQL}, if you use < or > in your query.
The compiler complains?

I have had to revert back to an old version because my main system is riddled with {prop:SQL}
I assume it has something to do with H5?
Thanks,
Justin

Make sure you double up ‘<’ to ‘<<’ if it is in a string.

There was a change somewhere along the way to make the compiler more fussy.

1 Like

Link to topic with more discussion of this in 11.1

1 Like

Include such common strings in an equate file and use the equate in code instead.

After finding why the building of the debug info during linking can run into infinite loop I sent to RZ a batch of changes in the compilers and the linker. Among them - another code to handle meta-characters in string literals. The major goal was to fix generating of incorrect values in some cases, for example, the current compiler treats the string

'A <30h{>'

as correct and produces the value equal to

'A 0{'

Obviously, this is wrong.

The entire algorithm of parsing <> and {} characters has been rewritten. The changed code to process <> and {} meta-characters in string literals works as follows:

1. The text inside curly brackets is “correct” if it has the following format:
  • 0 or more spaces, then
  • correct Clarion integer number without sign, then
  • 0 or more spaces.

If text after { and up to terminating } not matches this format, the left curly bracket is treating as usual {
character and the parsing position is resetting back to a character after {.

1. Now the sequence inside angle brackets is “correct” if it is the comma separated list of parts having following format:
  • 0 or more spaces, then
  • correct integer number in Clarion format without sign, then
  • 0 or more spaces, then
  • optional correctly formatted text inside curly brackets, then
  • 0 or more spaces.

If the compiler finds violation of format before the first comma, the left < angle bracket is treating as usual < character and the parsing position is resetting back to a character after <. If the compiler finds violation of format after the first comma, the string literal is reported as incorrect.

1. If option(eol_is_space) pragma set to “on”, entire text inside <> and {} meta-characters (and these meta-characters themselves) must be on the one source line.

Whether to include these changes to the CW compiler for the next release or not is for RZ decision. Sufficient part of changes passed to SV in June 2022 were not included into the 13845 and 13855 releases.

4 Likes