Clarion AnyScreen - Clarion

FWIW: Here is the list of DLLs in my (working) test folder. My hand coded test program is not more complex than yours.

Do you have all of those present?

02/07/2020  12:27 PM         1,093,248 ClaAnyScreen.dll
02/07/2020  12:27 PM           105,088 ClaAnyScreenNet.dll
02/07/2020  12:27 PM           117,376 ClaAnyScreenSSL.dll
01/31/2020  01:30 PM            75,288 ClaASC.dll
01/31/2020  01:31 PM            64,536 ClaDOS.dll
01/31/2020  01:31 PM            80,408 ClaOLE.dll
01/31/2020  01:31 PM         1,798,288 ClaRUN.dll

but also make sure you have the _AnyScreenPresent_=>1 switch

Interesting.
AnyScreenPresent =>1 switch is set.
The docs state 7z.exe is required in the test folder and I have that.
However, the docs do NOT mention ClaAnyScreenSSL.dll.
Unfortunately, after a copy to the test folder, I still get nothing.
Project file is checked for Copy Referenced Dlls to output directory.
Clearly something odd. Have now uninstalled/reinstalled v13505 multiple times.

totalhip your program above works fine for me.
In the application folder you need the followingā€¦

AnyScreenPDF.dll
ClaAnyScreen.dll
ClaAnyScreenNet.dll
ClaASC.dll
ClaDOS.dll
ClaOLE.dll
ClaRUN.dll

ā€¦and remember you must compile with the ā€˜Link modeā€™ set to DLL in your Project options. (local mode isnā€™t supported)

Thank you, Graham.
Yes, DLL has been set and frequently checked.
It is oddly reassuring to see your screen post and understand that Iā€™m the ignorant one.
Has definitely reminded me of the Einstein insanity definition.

Hi Douglas.

When you have already tested the AnyScreen Server, could you tell me how do you do to run it on a web browser please ?

Thx a lot,

Philippe

For me, Iā€™v got this :frowning:

Whatā€™s wrong ?

Sorry. I found my mistake !!!

Iā€™ve not add the library. Itā€™s running now :slight_smile:

Phillippe and TotalHip - most important thing for you to do is to subscribe to the sv.clarion.anyscreen newsgroup on the discuss.softvelocity.com newsgroup server.
Default username and password are setup as your old Clarion 6 licence number. If you donā€™t have that contact SoftVelocity and get a valid username and password so you can log into the newsgroups.

Both Marko Golem and Sanjin Marzic of Riis (the developers of AnyScreen) are active on that newsgroup and a lot of the questions youā€™re asking have already been asked and answered there.

If you want a free Windows newsgroup reader try MesNews
http://www.mesnews.net/gb/

1 Like

Thanks Graham. But could you explain me how to find this number because I donā€™t have the C6 Clarion serial. Thx a lot againā€¦(purchase the 11PE, EE and AnyScreen server). Began to code with Clarion since the version 2ā€¦

Ok I will ask @softvelocity teamā€¦

Thx

Hi Phillippe,

Try [email protected] and ask Doreen Williamson for a newsgroup username and password

Thanks Graham itā€™s what I do :wink:

Just one question Graham. Is it normal that the NNTP server doesnā€™t respond ? Thx. FYI Anyscreen is working well and I wanā€™t to know how to publish with a browser and a lot of questions too :=)

Hi Graham :slight_smile: Iā€™m on the NewsGroup Thanks

Unfortunately Graham, I received a lifetime ban from the newsgroup for the heretical statement that ā€œSV lost more customers from the Clarion.net fiasco than they had ever lost from negative statements in the newsgroup.ā€ Silly me for defending another developerā€™s right to complain about non-delivery.

Fortunately, Marko and Sanjin not only do nice work but it sounds like they continue to be open & committed to communicating with users.

Douglas

Hi Douglas,

Youā€™re not the only one whoā€™s been banned from the newsgroups.
I was also removed at one stage after complaining about .NET, only an intervention from the late JP at DMC (who emailed RZ personally) got me back on (years ago now I know).

Iā€™d email [email protected] and ask for your access to be restored.
I emailed him to get Mike Duglas back on after his ban.
Robert is naturally very defensive about Clarion in general but heā€™s not unreasonable and if youā€™ve continued to subscribe to Clarion and are considering AnyScreen Iā€™m sure heā€™ll let you back on.

Graham,

I am honored to have been in such company.
It would be a joy to some day discuss ā€œunreasonableā€ over beers at a DevCon (Z included).
The Clarion.net issue is long gone. SV has a new, very promising product.

Douglas

Everything is ok now and work perfectly !!! Very good job !

Thanks,

Philippe