Clarion AnyScreen - Clarion

2 Likes

Hi Everybody :slight_smile:

I’ve recently bought the AnyScreen Server for the last version of Clarion…

Wonderfull application ! All is running under the Windows Client and the Java Client (except icon picture for this version).

But I can’t launch the net browser version…don’t understand for the moment.

The system I’ve coded is already in the cloud, and as far I’m concerned, the application is very very fast.

As a conclusion, beautifull innovation !

Philippe Lambert
IT & Forensic Expert

1 Like

I have requested server install information from SoftVelocity.
If you or anyone might post some information here, it would very much be appreciated.

Douglas

Hi Douglas

What do you want to know about the installation ?

Any install instructions? Server type? Any issues?

Ok…

Well… for the server type : à Windows machine… I’ve rent a 2016 desktop with 2 vproc and 4Gb of memory for the moment. But you can install the services on a Win10 pc…

Procedure to Install : a server with services (port listenet, app disco very etc). It’s very easy to understand and to put network parameters. You can join at your main server other computers to increase computing capabilities…you have a user // group supervision by applications.

The application running on AnyScreen must be add on the list of the AnyScreen server (very easy to do). You’ve to make it with the latest version of Clarion by only adding the AnyScreen extension.

On the client pc, you’ve got an application that launch the one under the server and it’s very very fast…

I continue searching how to launch app from a net browser

What else ?

2 Likes

AnyScreen test program below.
What should one expect for display of a Sheet & Tabs?
Display of nothing is not the answer I was expecting and I do not see anything mentioned in the docs.

PROGRAM

MAP
AnyProc PROCEDURE   
  END
INCLUDE('AnyScreen.inc')
  CODE
  AnyProc 

AnyProc PROCEDURE
Q        QUEUE 
Id         LONG
Str        STRING(30)
         END 
ListWindow WINDOW('List Window Caption'),AT(,,202,150),CENTER,GRAY,FONT('Tahoma',10)
          BOX,AT(1,1,200,108),USE(?BOX),COLOR(COLOR:Black),LINEWIDTH(1)
          SHEET,AT(1,110,200,12),USE(?SHEET),SPREAD,NOSHEET,BELOW,IMM
               TAB('Check/Radio Tab'),USE(?TAB:Check)
                    CHECK('&Checkbox Control'),AT(10,10),USE(?CHECK)
                    OPTION('&Option Control'),AT(10,26,182,52),USE(?OPTION),BOXED
                         RADIO('Selection O&ne'),AT(20,38),USE(?RADIO:1)
                         RADIO('Selection &Two'),AT(20,50),USE(?RADIO:2)
                         RADIO('Selection T&hree'),AT(20,62),USE(?RADIO:3)
                    END
                    PROMPT('&Date:'),AT(10,88),USE(?PROMPT:Date)
                    SPIN(@d01B),AT(32,88,64,10),USE(?SPIN:Date),IMM,FLAT,HSCROLL,REQ
               END
               TAB('Entry/Text'),USE(?TAB:Entry)
                    PROMPT('Entry &Prompt:'),AT(10,10),USE(?PROMPT)
                    ENTRY(@s30),AT(60,10,132,10),USE(?ENTRY),IMM,FLAT
                    PROMPT('Text Box'),AT(10,26),USE(?PROMPT:Text)
                    TEXT,AT(10,36,182,50),USE(?TEXT),BOXED,FLAT,VSCROLL
                    STRING('*** A String Example to Show for Fun'),AT(10,92), |
                              USE(?STRING)
               END
               TAB('List Tab'),USE(?TAB2)
                    LIST,AT(10,10,182,90),USE(?LIST),FLAT,NOBAR,VSCROLL,FROM(Q), |
                              FORMAT('15R(2)|F~ID~C(0)@n02@40L(2)|M~String~C(0)')
               END
          END
          BUTTON('&OK'),AT(40,127,60,20),USE(?OK),ICON(ICON:Tick),DEFAULT,LEFT
          BUTTON('&Cancel'),AT(102,127,60,20),USE(?CANCEL),ICON(ICON:Cross),LEFT
     END

CODE 
  AnyScreen:Init()
  LOOP 20 TIMES 
    Ndx# += 1
    Q.Id = Ndx#
    Q.Str = Ndx# & ' Record'
  ADD(Q)
  END 
  ?LIST{PROP:LineHeight} = 10
  OPEN(ListWindow)
  CHANGE(?SPIN:Date,TODAY())
  ACCEPT
    CASE ACCEPTED()
    OF ?OK OROF ?CANCEL
      BREAK
    END  
  END 
  FREE(Q)
  CLOSE(ListWindow)
  AnyScreen:Kill()  
  RETURN
1 Like

The folowing SV claim seems a bit disingenous to me:
“AnyScreen accomplishes this without you making any changes to your apps (except adding the global template to all the .APPs that make up your application).”

Further testing using AnyScreen from within the 13505 release seems to indicate that use of an APPLICATION window (Frame) prevents the display of anything. While this might be understandable, it certainly requires some re-design of existing procedures & programs.

Turn off the ‘No Sheet’ attribute for the SHEET control and then the tabs are displayed and work as expected.

I’d log into the AnyScreen newsgroup on the SoftVelocity server and ask Marko Golem if the NOSHEET attribute on a Window (or prop:nosheet) is or will be supported

Very much appreciated. Never would have thought about NOSHEET being the cause as I always use it. I did have a wizard SHEET working, so I knew events were still being posted.

Very promising but likely will take some work to look good.

Sanjin Marzic from Ris has confirmed the issue on the newsgroups and says it will be fixed in the next build.

Good to hear. Any talk on other problems that render a control OR entire window undisplayable?

Trying to publish a rtf textbox that don’t appear…

If you’re trying to use the HTML5 or java client, RTF is on the list of unsupported features in the help. But it supposedly works in the Windows client.

Yes but in the windows client, it doesn’t work…

Le mer. 26 févr. 2020 à 18:49, Jeff Slarve via ClarionHub [email protected] a écrit :

And I’m using an AnyScreen server…

Can’t get much more basic than this, but using the HTML5 client, nothing is displayed for me.
Clearly, I am clueless.

PROGRAM
  MAP
AnyProc PROCEDURE   
  END
INCLUDE('AnyScreen.inc')

CODE
  AnyProc 

AnyProc PROCEDURE
MenuWindow WINDOW('Web Requests'),AT(,,162,81),CENTER,GRAY,FONT('Tahoma', |
               12,COLOR:BTNTEXT,FONT:bold),COLOR(0F5F5F5H)
          BOX,AT(5,5,152,23),USE(?BOX:Travel),COLOR(COLOR:Black),LINEWIDTH(1)
          BUTTON('Submit &Travel Request'),AT(8,8,146,17),USE(?BTN:Travel),DEFAULT, |
                    FLAT
          BOX,AT(5,29,152,23),USE(?BOX:Purchase),COLOR(COLOR:Black),LINEWIDTH(1)
          BUTTON('Submit &Purchase Request'),AT(8,32,146,17),USE(?BTN:Purchase),FLAT
          BOX,AT(5,53,152,23),USE(?BOX:Exit),COLOR(COLOR:Black),LINEWIDTH(1)
          BUTTON('E&xit'),AT(8,56,146,17),USE(?BTN:Exit),FLAT
     END

CODE 
  AnyScreen:Init()
  OPEN(MenuWindow)
  ACCEPT
    CASE ACCEPTED()
    OF ?BTN:Exit
      BREAK
    END  
  END 
  CLOSE(MenuWindow)
  AnyScreen:Kill()  
  RETURN

Did you set your defines to set the builtins switches? Did you copy the required DLLs? Does your app run as a plain windows program?

With the DLL this program doesn’t run…

Yes - runs as windows program.
Yes - runs as Win API client.
If a dll is missing, I sure do not get an error. A look in the folder shows everything I would expect.

I am testing using the v13505 IDE, not with AnyScreen server (just received it yesterday).