Clarion application + Web

How can make Desktop application will communicate with the Internet. For example. There are 3 stores that need to exchange data.
A) a single base. Base only on the server. Others connect via the Internet
or
B) for each user their own database through the Internet synchronizes with a single database.
с) further there will be an online store

For all one warehouse and one accounting

How can all this be done with the help of Clarion. And more that what tools and technology is necessary. There may be a PHP … what needs to be considered for developing like this architecture

Who have experience please share

A and B both work.
A requires good internet connection. No internet - no work.
B is Replication. If using SQL the database might have this built in. If not look at capesoft’s replicate.

@Ibrohim, have you considered NetTalk? For what you are saying, i think NetTalk can provide you with the tools to get your goal and more.

1 Like

Can be with Softvelocity H5? Or it is not effective ?

You are asking about 2 scenarios here, so it’s helpful to separate them.

a) A single server. Serves to local or internet servers via a web interface. You might also have a local Windows program at the server location but that is irrelevant to the question.

For this situation you need the ability to create a “web application”. There are a number of approaches, but the two most obvious are H5 and NetTalk (Apps Level or Server Level).

H5 will start with your existing desktop app and so get you something quicker. But it consumes a lot more server resources - so your number of users per server is small (like around 20).

NetTalk is more work to get going, but has more features, is more mature, has documentation and examples, and serves thousands of users per server.

Neither option requires any additional extras - no IIS, no PHP nothing like that.

b) Multiple databases running at separate places, which need to be Synchronized.

This is not possible with H5. For this you need NetTalk (Apps Level). Most of the work is in setting up the dictionary correctly - after that the actual sync part is automated and not difficult to do. You can read more about data synchronization at www.capesoft.com/docs/NetTalk10/NetTalkApps.Htm.

Obviously I am biased towards NetTalk as the better option for you. But please investigate for yourself.

Cheers
Bruce

1 Like

Hi @Ibrohim . In my case, as a long time user of NetTalk i know the capabilities of product and i know that the documentation, examples and features of NetTalk are more robust than the H5 itself.

In the scenario you are explaining, the first product that comes to my mind definitively, NetTalk comes to my mind as a weapon of choice