Clarion Extension for VS code Version 0.3.0

VS Code Clarion Extension: New Version 0.3.0 of VS Code Extension Released!

Hi everyone

I’m thrilled to announce the release of version 0.3.0 of my VS Code extension. This update brings exciting new features to enhance your coding experience.

What’s New in Version 0.3.0

Workspace Settings and Configuration:

We’ve introduced helpful workspace settings and commands:

• Command: Clarion Configure ClarionProperties.xml File
    Use this command to configure the ClarionProperties.xml file for your workspace. To access the settings:

1. Go to “File” > “Preferences” > “Settings”.
    2. Search for “clarion” to find the workspace settings related to the extension.
    3. Manually edit the settings or use the provided command to configure them.
  • Command: Clarion Select Application Solution File
    This command assists in selecting your application’s solution file.

To activate these commands:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + P (or Cmd + Shift + P on macOS) to open the command palette.
    2. Search for “Clarion” to see the available commands.
    3. Select the desired command to execute.

Please ensure that you have a workspace set up and the required settings configured for the extension’s features to work as intended.

Go To Definition for Included Files:
This requires the settings described above to work

A standout feature of this extension is the enhanced “Go To Definition” functionality. It smartly handles INCLUDE('FileName.clw') or Class MODULE('FileName.clw') statements. The extension uses your Redirection file logic to locate and open the specified file in the editor, regardless of whether it’s in the workspace or not.

Installing the Extensions:

To use the extension, you can install it directly from within Visual Studio Code:

1. Open Visual Studio Code.
  2. Go to the Extensions view by clicking on the square icon in the sidebar or pressing Ctrl + Shift + X.
  3. Search for “Clarion-Extensions” in the Extensions Marketplace.
  4. Click the “Install” button next to the extension.
  5. After installation, you’ll be prompted to reload VS Code to activate the extension.

This is an early test of my Clarion RED parsing.

If you’re trying out the new version, please let me know if you encounter any issues. Even better, you can add them as issues on the GitHub repository

I anticipate there might be a few issues, but I’m hopeful that the new “Go To Definition” feature will significantly improve navigation between files.

Cheers,
Mark

6 Likes

The extension updated automatically, as I watched it. Thank you Mark.