ClarionProperties.xml - is it always located in FOLDERID_RoamingAppData \SoftVelocity \Clarion \[MajorVer]?

Got a template which needs to read & write to the ClarionProperties.xml file.

Is it safe to assume the clarionproperties.xml will always be located at
FOLDERID_RoamingAppData\SoftVelocity\Clarion\[MajorVer]
or
CSIDL_APPDATA\SoftVelocity\Clarion\[MajorVer]
where both translate to
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\SoftVelocity\Clarion\11.0
and only ever have major version for that particular subfolder?

I cant find anything in the docs to suggest a way to locate the files including ClarionProperties.xml in another location and cant find anything in the registry pointing to this location apart from the debugger so I’m assuming its a hard coded path in the IDE?

TIA

I cant find anything in the docs to suggest a way to locate the files including ClarionProperties.xml in another location

Try a search in the Help for ConfigDir and you’ll find an IDE Settings section describing how to relocate the settings to wherever you want them.

You can specify the location via a command line argument in Clarion.exe and ClarionCL

see Help [What’s new in Clarion9]
Clarion.exe /ConfigDir=Foldername

or use the same folder as Clarion.exe
Clarion.exe /ConfigDir

see ClarionCL /?
ClarionCL /ConfigDir=foldername
ClaironCL /ConfigDir

or use the same folder as Clarion.exe
Clarion.exe /ConfigDir

That doesn’t strictly ‘use the same folder as Clarion.exe’ - rather it creates a \Settings folder below %ClarionRoot%\Bin and puts everything below that.

Easiest way to do this modification is to change the Target string on the desktop icon you use to start Clarion eg

C:\CW13505\bin\Clarion.exe /ConfigDir

Will result in config files in C:\CW13505\bin\Settings and subfolders of \Settings

/ConfigDir is a command line setting which I’m aware of, but my Clarion 11 shortcut pinned to the toolbar just has
Target: C:\Clarion11\bin\Clarion.exe
Start In: C:\Clarion11\bin

there isnt any /configdir parameters and like I said above the only reference to a folder with config files is in the registry with the debugger and the switchs
"C:\Clarion11\bin\Cladb.exe" CLARION110.RED -s Debug -c "C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\SoftVelocity\Clarion\11.0" "C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Clarion11 Work\Library\Library.exe"\
There is no clarion.exe to be found in the windows registry with any command line parameters.

When I type from a dos window,
cladb.exe /?
I get the popup window describing -s is the section list and -c is the configdir.

Clarion.exe /?
typed into a dos windows doesnt do a popup window describing the command line options, and clarioncl.exe /?
displays the command line options in the dos window just like what can be seen in the help page titled ClarionCL.exe<13,10>(Command Line Interface to the Clarion IDE)

So at this stage, I’m still left thinking this FOLDERID_RoamingAppData\SoftVelocity\Clarion\[MajorVer] is some sort of fallback or search location and the search location order is this:

Clarion.exe /ConfigDir=Foldername    (the location specified)
Clarion.exe /ConfigDir               (the same location as the exe)
clarion.exe                          (FOLDERID_RoamingAppData\SoftVelocity\Clarion\[MajorVer])

But as there isnt anything in the docs, and I wanted to be sure before I get a template to start working on the files.