Convert C4 to C11

I have an application built with C4, our company has bought C11 now. I want to convert from C4 to C11. Before converting to C11, I converted to C6. When I convert to C6 the message ‘CCSN CCSBrowse no longer exists’ appears, and then the application is closed. What prevents? Besides that I also use secwin10 for C4 applications, will this also be a compilation problem that is approved to C6? give me direction to solve this problem.

2 Likes

I suppose that CCSBrowse is an Icetips SQL. So try to get appropriated version and install/register it on Clarion6. Also you will need it on Clarion 11 as well.

The same with secwin - you need it installed and registered on Clarion6 and clarion 11.

2 Likes

Also, remember that moving from C4 to anything C6 or later will have the change in threading behavior. Threads are preemptive, OS threads in C6+.
Look for anywhere you are doing SETTARGET commands and pass the thread parameter.
Any global queues or groups and non-threaded variables need to be reviewed for thread-safe usage.

3 Likes

thank you for your advice. I try

thank you, I’ll try your advice