Does CW still require not newer than the MSSQL 2005 driver be installed to use the native client?

Does CW still require not newer than the MSSQL 2005 driver be installed to use the native client? I have CW 6.3 and I’m wondering if the new versions of Clarion still have this limitation. AFAIK, C7 and C8 did.

Thanks!

Hi Jack,
Newer versions of Clarion (at least C9.1 and above) use the newer SQL Native client versions.
I’m not positive exactly when it changed.

Rick

That’s what I needed to know.

Thanks!

FYI, you can actually make C6.3 use the newer native clients by specifically specifying the driver in your owner string.
I used this method with older C6 projects until they could be converted. If you append this to your owner string it will work.
;Driver=SQL Server Native Client 11.0

You can determine what sql native client is installed and get the proper driver name by reading the registry.
GetReg(REG_CLASSES_ROOT,‘SQLNCLI11’)
or
GetReg(REG_CLASSES_ROOT,‘SQLNCLI10’)

I give additional details in this post: Clarion 6.3 x MSSQL server (enable MARS?)

Thank you for your reply. I got the newer ones to work. The problem came about when I rolled it out in a multi-user environment. As I recall, unless I was using the 2005 driver or older, any accessed rows were left locked until the other user closed the program.