The process was pretty easy:
- Shutdown the server.
- Take a snapshot (about 15 minutes).
- Make snapshot image available in additional region SF02 (about 10 minutes).
- Create new droplet in the SF02 region from snapshot image (5 minutes or so).
- Create a new floating IP for the new region (can be handy for switching out servers without bother about DNS).
- Switch Cloudflare DNS to the new floating IP (took about 5 minutes to propagate for me, different areas/dns providers my take longer).
There was a bit of extra downtime while I made some adjustments and added a new plugin - A simple checklist rendering plugin for discourse which you can use to make, well checklists!
This one started out as a blank checkbox using
ticked by having a
*in between closed brackets
crossed - a dark background by using