We probably use the “Dummy table” trick to recover data from SQL DBMS and execute stored procedures, etc.
I personally use a “real” table with several cstring fields, and it´s defined on my DCT. I know there are several variants on this.
I’m opening this thread to discuss the “best practices” on this subject.
Some starting points:
- Implicit or explicit transactions?
- Clarion vs engine transaction management (logout vs set/start transaction)
- Include (and open/close by template) the dummy table on Procedure’s “Other Tables”?
- Use alias in DCT for dummy tables and manage several “SQL dummies”?
- To “buffer” or “not to buffer”?
I hope you can share your expertise.