File Not Found: clarion.asl.dll

Hi,
this error occurs on a virtual machine
Clarion Version : 11.0.0.13244
.NET Version : 4.0.30319.18408
OS Version : Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Current culture : English (United States) (en-US)
Working Set Memory : 27624kb
GC Heap Memory : 1681kb

Unhandled exception terminated Clarion

Exception Type: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
File Not Found: clarion.asl.dll
Error Message: Could not load file or assembly ‘clarion.asl.dll’ or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

Exception thrown:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘clarion.asl.dll’ or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: ‘clarion.asl.dll’
at ICSharpCode.Core.CoreStartup.RunInitialization()
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Sda.CallHelper.InitSharpDevelopCore(CallbackHelper callbackHelper, StartupSettings properties)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Sda.SharpDevelopHost…ctor(AppDomain appDomain, StartupSettings startup)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.SharpDevelopMain.RunApplication()
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.SharpDevelopMain.Run(String args)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.SharpDevelopMain.Main(String args)

Any idea guys?

I’m not sure why you are getting the issue. I presume you installed clarion into the VM rather than copy/paste?

The file Clarion.asl.dll should be in your Clarion\bin folder and is installed their by the installer.

Mark

Be sure you have installed nessary Visual C++ Runtime libraries

Well there’s 2 kind-of contradictory things going on here

Either the file isn’t found, as the first line says, or the DLL is there and one of it’s dependencies is not (as the second line says).

Assuming that you’ve checked obvious things (the file is there, and it’s in the path) the easiest way I know of to tell the difference is run Dependency Walker (https://dependencywalker.com/) on the DLL and see what errors it reports.

Looking at similar issues on the newsgroups seems to show that you’re missing MS C Library msvcr120.dll which should have been installed assuming you actually installed Clarion and didn’t just copy files over.

Normally (assuming a 64Bit OS) you’d find that in C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Hi Paul,

That depends.exe won’t work anymore on Windows 10 (or later) - but this does seem to…

NB use at own risk (I ran it SandBoxed as it’s not signed)

It showed that there was a dependency upon both MSVCR120.DLL and .NET 4.0

Hmm, I use the original one a regular basis and it seems to do what I need it to. But I’ll grab that new one as well