Force my app to start on a specific screen

Can I force my app to start full screen on a specific screen, on my multi screen setup? And if so, can I get it to switch screen on the press of an onscreen button? (ie ‘send to other screen’)?

Each monitor has its own screen coordinates, say monitor #1 (0,0)-(799,599), monitor #2 (800,0)-(1599,599) and so on. So call SETPOSITION(Window, x, y) with x and y related to specific monitor coordinates.

1 Like

Windows has a Monitor API to EnumDisplayMonitors and GetMonitorInfo

http://clarionfreeimage.com/related.html#EnumerateMonitors

awesome, I maximized the screen, and used ‘getposition’ to get the x,y… worked perfectly thanks

Hi Bill,

Still on legacy or have you moved to ABC yet….:wink:

Best regards,

Mark Shupac

Nope, I made the leap many years ago, but still don’t fully understand it, and still get frustrated when trying to track logic through the generated code… You still trying to integrate through to word…?

Hey Bill,

Treat yourself to Bruce’s ABC book. Well worth it! Word…. Yes. Ha! You remembered. Problem sorted (quite a while ago) using xWordCOM. Currently hosting an exam questions and paper database using TSplus for access via a browser. Works really well.

Otherwise all good. A grandpa now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Mark

Of course windows can move an application to another monitor by pressing win+shift+left or win+shift+right

I wonder if you can do a presskey to tap into that behavior