We are looking for a skilled Clarion developer to help us improve our product suite for Texas attorneys. TXdocs is a young and ambitious software company in San Antonio, TX, focused on helping small legal firms in Texas run their business efficiently.
You’ll be working in a team of 6 developers (Clarion, C#, Angular) with lots of opportunities to use your skills and learn new ones.
You’ll be working on:
- Desktop Clarion program with lots of 3rd party tools and (internal) templates
- Nettalk webservices and Nettalk websites
- TSplus environment with 10+ servers and hundreds of concurrent users
- Building microservices in Clarion to extract functionality from our desktop app to work with our new web version.
- Minimum of 5 years development with Clarion 10+, ABC templates and OOP
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Nettalk webserver
- Experience with writing SQL queries and using SQL in Clarion.
- Comfortable writing classes and templates.
- Comfortable using WinAPI functions and good knowledge of GDI
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills, debugview and Clarion debugger.
- Comfortable with multi-threaded classes and inter-thread communication and synchronization
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
This will make you stand out:
- Experience with TSplus
- Experience with calling restful webservices
- Experience with parsing JSON (jFiles)
- Experience with C#/ASP.NET MVC
- Experience with managing/maintaining (web) servers in Active Directory environment
We will accept applications for in-person as well as remote work. Candidates will have to be available during normal working hours in Central Time – max 2 hour time difference with Central Time. This is a full time position (40 hours/week) but we’ll accept applications for remote work with a minimum availability of 30 hours/week.
If you’re interested in this position, please contact me at [email protected].
Please send me your resume, salary indication, at least 1 reference and the files for the following test.
A class (inc and clw file) that:
- Wraps 3 controls: a prompt, an entry and a button. These controls should not be created a runtime, this class should require the controls to be present on a window
- Allows multiple instances of itself in the same procedure (each wrapping a different set of controls)
- Use the WindowComponent interface
- The entry control should accept manual entry of a filename. This filename should exist for the class to accept it.
- The button should open a file dialog to allow the user to pick the file.
- Should support hiding, enabling the controls
- Should support changing the icon of the button and the text of the button
- Should support changing the font of the controls
- Error handling where needed
A test app (no dct) – using ABC template chain - that demonstrates the use of the class. This app can require StringTheory if desired.
The app should have 1 window with the 3 controls populated in the designer. It should not be dependent on any ActiveX or 3rd party tools, except for StringTheory if desired.
There is no need to make this app look nice or do anything besides the above requirements. But feel free to go wild if you want - as long as I can compile and run the app.