GPS Reader App Available

If you or anyone you know in the Clarion community work with GPS devices I have put together an app to read GPS data via COM ports and Garmin devices.

It is a combination of Clarion and .NET. It also uses sockets to stream the NMEA sentences so other apps can use the GPS data. The app can run as a service and be controlled remotely via web sockets. For example, you can send it a “restart” command from a remote computer and the app - as a service - will restart.

The app does rely heavily on a variety of current Capesoft third party products. It was built with Clarion 11. The .NET implementation is “reg free” so no need to register an OCX.

I will give the app to anyone that could use it.

5 Likes

Example Uploaded.

GPS Reader Example.zip (3.1 MB)

2 Likes

Forgot to zip the Visual Studio project.

The .NET assembly UDP port is 17335 if you want to “listen” for it. Everything is “Reg Free.”

ClaDevices.zip (1.1 MB)

2 Likes

Thanks.
Nelson A H de Carvalho
GlobalTech Systems Ltda
Brasil

well this looks very interesting as im hoping to do a lot of work with GPS and Accelerometers for sport and in sculling boats ect.

HI what cape soft products does this use ? I would be interested in learning how to use this product as soon as possible as i have a lot of GARMIN products.

I’m doing a ClarionLive webinar on it on Friday, August 28th.

1 Like

ive also decided to get the samsung gear as it connects to our script language and from there i can call out to clarion in real time from dot net.

will whatch the webinar with great inteterest.