Image file in list box?

Can a listbox show an image file for each row? Not an .ico file, but rather a .png or .gif?

I’m looking to visually show statuses for each record in a listbox and I’m picturing a rectangle with text inside.

1 Like

Hi Leroy,

I’ve just replied to you comment regarding a demo of our ReportControl wrapper.
The demo app (on https://noyantis.com/store/index.php?rt=product/product&path=68_72&product_id=132) includes a couple of examples where images (png, jpg, gif etc) are displayed in lists - in fact, in one example you can see where each record is displayed via an image - so the list is displayed in rows of horizontal images (Icon mode). - similar to file explorer when in thumbnail view.

Just thought it might be of interest to you.

Regards,

Andy

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll have a look at this.

Hi Leroy,

I’m not sure to be honest, but the demo app does include a procedure that uses XAML as the tooltips - quite impressive :slight_smile:

In my apps, I use XAML within the ReportControl when I need to cut one of the cells up into sub-cells.
Its in our horse racing application - I need the ReportControl to display as many runners as possible (so can’t allow the row height to get too big), but… within one of the cells, I need to cut it into 4 to display other linked information from an external betting exchange.

I’d be happy to show this to you during one of the next webinars :slight_smile:

Also, during the open webinar on Dec 22nd - towards the end, we did discuss the Codejock Markup control - John did a demo of an app he’s been putting together to help users create XAML code for use in their apps - for example, my use described above.

Regards,

Andy

we use PNGs in all of our application including list boxes. for list boxes we use a size of 16x16