Installing Clarion 11 for Windows 10

I have started writing blog posts about Clarion, as I learn. Here is my first one:

I would appreciate any comments or feedback you may have, either here or in the blog comments. I will gladly fix any errors you may spot. Thanks in advance

4 Likes

The next post in the series is here:

Again, I would appreciate any comments or feedback, including spotting any typos or spelling errors.

4 Likes

Hi Donn, I took a read through. What’s there looks good so far. :+1:

1 Like

Nice work Donn!

I’ve just started a couple of days a week with a fellow who isn’t a programmer but has squeezed MS Access to it’s very end :slight_smile:

Very interested to see, as you’ve come from Access, how you go with Clarion!

1 Like

The next post in the series is “Getting Started with Clarion (Part 1)” which covers the first 4 exercises in the Getting Started lessons. The next 4 will follow when time permits.

As always, comments and corrections are welcome.

2 Likes

Navigate to the “Dictionaries” section of the “Start Page” and click on “New Dictionary”.

Maybe add a short note explaining “why we need to create a dictionary?”

1 Like

I put the explanation just before the first exercise. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

I have added the remaining exercises to “Getting Started with Clarion”, plus two extra ones.

Once again your comments or suggestions are most welcome.

3 Likes

@DonnEdwards Is there any restriction with the latest version of Clarion 11 with Windows 10? I recently bought new license and it’s having issue with Windows 10 but works fine with WIndows 11.

I have installed Clarion 11 on two laptops and one desktop PC, all running Windows 10, without any issues.
What kind of errors were you having? Did you install the “Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013” file first?