Move the Control to another Tab using Tab Order Assistant

You said more than once Drag + Drop either way does Not work for you e.g.

Thank you. In C6.3, moving controls to TOA works, which means this function is broken in C11.

Yes, I did. About Drag And Drop entries in the TOA list. Please hear me ! :slight_smile:

If I want to move things on the physical window, I really like using Carl’s approach.
One thing I find that works well is to select all items I want to move in the TOA and then select one more on the same tab.

Then, on the actual tab, I deselect that last element (that I did not need/want to move). Now I can drag them all to a clear area on the window.

If I try to move them all in the TOA…
… I have had mixed results. Sometimes I can move a handful at a time and it works well, but the more I try to move the greater the chance that it doesn’t work.

BTW, moving them with the up or down arrow seems to have a much greater chance of success.

Note that I am using PE 11.0.0 build 13401

This is how TOA works in C6.3 before all the improvements in C11… :wink:

1 Like

The same problem is with Report Designer: you can’t move fields between blocks. And if the fields can be moved by dragging the mouse, then what about Break / Group / Detail ? Edit in the text ? :frowning:

OK, so it’s said that you can’t move using drag and drop controls between tabs on a window and controls between details,breaks etc in a report.
Well actually none of the above is true!
You can use drag and drop to do this - you just have to watch carefully as you are dragging the item.
The trick is to drop when a ‘grey rectangle’ is shown.
As usual a recording and screen grab is much better than any description - so hopefully the attached short video and annotated screen grab will make it clear…
Clarion [Clarion 11.1.13768] - [C__CW13768_Examples_School] 2023-12-26 13-22-49.zip (1.9 MB)
LookForTheGreyRectangle

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer - the question was different.

Please add in this example:REPORT DESIGNER → BAND → BREAK GROUP.
And move the existing Detail to the new break group.
I will be grateful for a video with your example ! :slight_smile: