Does anyone have any experience using MS SQL compressed tables (page compression method) and Clarion (standard ABC browse etc.)?
No but you might like this link.
Data compression - SQL Server | Microsoft Learn
- The details of data compression are subject to change without notice in service packs or subsequent releases.
- Compression is available in Azure SQL Database
- Compression is not available in every edition of SQL Server. For more information, see Features Supported by the Editions of SQL Server 2016, Editions and supported features of SQL Server 2017, and Editions and supported features of SQL Server 2019.
- Compression is not available for system tables.
- Compression can allow more rows to be stored on a page, but does not change the maximum row size of a table or index.
There’s even more at the link.
I was not asking for that link (for sure I know about it) but for experience… I know, you love to post links-links-links everywhere you can even if it is really annoying…
And I gave you my answer. I’ll keep it concise next time.
It’s nice to be unkind to someone with good intentions and I hope you get all the help you need exactly how you asked for it, because your annoyance level is really important to me.