MSSQL DateTimeOffset column in Clarion dictionary

Hello

How does one define MSSQL DateTimeOffset column in Clarion dictionary?

When declaring it as a DATE in dictionary and using |READONLY and |NOWHERE flags in External name field I can open existing record and modify other columns using a form without errors.
However when creating a new record using a form and saving it I get “Error: Record changed By Another Station (89)”

Thanks,
Lasse

I’ve never had to deal with that data type in Clarion
But I just made a dummy table and imported it into a dictionary

CREATE TABLE dateTest (pk INT IDENTITY,
dto DATETIMEOFFSET NULL, 
dto0 DATETIMEOFFSET(0) NULL, 
name VARCHAR(100) NULL, 
dt DATETIME NULL);

The import wizard converted the datetimeoffset to a string(34) and the datetimeoffset(0) to a string(26). You might try that?
Or if you don’t need the column in the app, what happens if you just omit the column from the dictionary?

Also check the downlevel compatibility section.

Thank you Jane!

Import wizard imports nothing for me for some reason, but your example helped and inserting a record in form works in one app now. SQL trace log shows as follows

However in another app using another dictionary inserting a new record in form throws “invalid character value for cast specification”. SQL trace log shows as follows

I can’t see any difference in dictionary column definitions between the apps and don’t know how to control C type in mssql driver log. So I ended up removing the datetimeoffset column from the second app, I can’t do “TABLE1{PROP:SQL} = 'SELECT * FROM TABLE1…” now, but inserting in a form works without errors.