MySQL error - help please

What causes these errors
Clarion 8
Win 10 64bit
MySQL 5.7

Sounds like either your Owner string is not setup properly (or at all), or if you are using an ODBC DSN that it is not configured properly.

HTH,
Rick

serverc0nfig.ini
ServerName=“Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver}; SERVER=localhost; PORT=3306; Database=hortorsdb; User=DiaryDivision; Password=xxxxxx”

ServerName=“Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.7 Driver}; SERVER=localhost; PORT=3306; Database=hortorsdb; User=root; Password=xxxxxxx”

1st line is used at work - 2nd at home
I’m having the problem at home.
Installed MySQL 5.7 64bit Developers Edition this week.
Surely that should cover everything?

Make sure you’ve got 32bit ODBC available. Clarions a 32bit program and can’t use a pure 64bit library.

OK I had 64bit MySQL installed,
I got rid of that with GREAT difficulty then installed 32bit.
Still same problem!
Saw along the way that the ODBC version is not the same as MySQL version (5.7)
but 5.3 edited the.ini file still does not connect - same error!?

I think you misunderstood me. 64bit DB engine is actually ok, but the ODBC driver must be 32bit for clarion to connect. I haven’t used MySQL for a while, I don’t know if they include both in a std install or you need a special package.

That error is always some form of connection problem. Double check your connection string, also firewalls and virus.

It’s possible that a permissions issue in the DB might be involved, but I think you’d get a different error.

Try using windows ODBC manager (32bit version in wow64) to create a DSN and see if that works.

OK resolved! Created DSN and found that it should be
ServerName="Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI Driver}
or MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver

Im using {MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI Driver} - is that correct?

Thanks to everybody!

1 Like

This works at the office but not at home
ServerName=“Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.7 Driver}; SERVER=localhost; PORT=3306;
Database=hortorsdb; User=root; Password=xxxxxxxxxx”