MySQL warning messages


#1

View_Open_Error


We randomly get this warning messages since we have change our database from TOPSPEED to ODBC, we are using MySQL xampp as our database.

How can we get rid of these messages? Thanks.


#2

Are you constructing your own SQL or filter?
Looks like a bad character is finding it’s way in, or you’re closing one of the used files somewhere.
Or possibly you’ve referenced a file thats not in the ‘Other Files’ and just not open


#3

No I have not constructed any SQL yet on my program. It is pure in Clarion commands and functions SET, GET, ADD, PUT and etc… In ‘Other Files’ I always put my tables except for the tables that is used by template like browse list, update button, etc… It is just pop up randomly in any module of my program with no definite scenario so I have hard time to figure it out. What I do is just restarting my program. I am developing on with an i5 processor, I tried to run it on a celeron processor and the message pops more often, I first thought it is a connection timeout but there is no definite time span, sometimes pops up when I open a first module sometimes I can complete a whole transaction without any warning message, I second thought it was network interruption but my program is connecting locally using localhost as the server. What could be the other factor?


#4

I am not sure of your architecture but this can happen if clients are using Wi-Fi when the signal is lost for a while, and the SQL server detects the ‘closed’ connection. When back in a good signal spot reopening a browse etc. goes ahead as normal, making it appear random even though it is not. In this case you will never see it when developing/testing on a machine with a local server.

Regards Jim


#5

See:


#6

@1kbyte Thanks, the codes from the thread you have shared works. However, there are some scenario that the connection was not revived. If it is disconnected while on a browse form, it is perfectly working but on update form, the connection completely dies. While we are looking for a solution we have discovered that adding ‘AUTO_RECONNECT=1’ on the connection string solves the problem.