Opening C8 APP in Clarion 11 shows Select New Dictionary Warning?

Hello Everyone,

I recently migrated from C8 to C11 IDE for running all my solutions,

But for now, after migration when i try to open .app file, it gives me the

warning and doesn’t load solution, kindly suggest

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you tried selecting the appropriate dictionary?
If so what happens?

IIRC this comes up if the IDE cannot find the DCT file specified in APP, or it changed folders. Its a warning you can usually ignore … once you pick the correct DCT in the correct folder.

Sometimes the Full Path gets into the APP … then if you move the Project to a different folder you will get this Dialog and have to select the DCT in the new APP folder.

When I do a convert like this I usually Copy the project to a new C11 Projects Folder. Then I rename the original C8 folder to append “_HIDE” so if the Full Path is in any APP or Source it will fail or warn. So when I open the APP I may get a message like yours looking for the DCT in the C8 project folder then I pick it in the C11 folder. Usually that will remove the full path in the Project.

This can also be a warning that you forgot to Copy the DCT to the new C11 Project Folder. You would Not want to go pick the one in the C8 folder or it will convert that to C11 and you cannot open it in C8.

You could look in C8 at Global Properties to see if the DCT has a Path or like below is just a file name:

1 Like

Hi,
What I do is copy my app and dct to a new folder to use with C11.
I have found that if I open the DCT in C11 first, the import of the APP goes smoother and less errors.
So, I open the DCT in C11 and close it. Then I open the APP and use the C11 DCT.
Ron

2 Likes

Tried this step, but still not working

Hey @CarlBarnes

Tried above mentioned step but still getting following error, any solution?

Looks like you’re missing the CPCS reporting template

You need probably need to install and register the CPCS Creative Reporting templates from @lodestar

__
Note message says to

“Check for errors on the error pad”

The Error Pad can provide more details and more errors. You may have more problems than just the single “Last Error” in the message.

You may have the Error Pad contracted so you cannot see it. Plus the Errors appear to be cleared, but are not. I wrote this post about how to see those:

Its very common to run into many errors during conversion. It would be best to have the Error Pad always visible. For example: