QBE List template documentation - how to use

I have been unable to find any detailed documentation for the QBE List template, specifically end-user usage.

For instance, it appears that sometime the user should place the search value in quotes, sometimes not; what is is the rule for this? If the user gets this wrong, they get kicked out with a “Bind” error, so it’s important to know the rules!

Another example: how does one enter values when the operator is “IN”? I found by trial and error that for “BETWEEN”, you can specify something like “10 AND 15”.

Some comprehensive documentation would be great!

Thanks

An easy way is to drag and drop a particular cell onto the list. It creates the appropriate = test for you.
That makes it really really easy

Except it sometimes doesn’t work - it fails to put quotes where quotes are necessary, and then if you apply it it kicks out with an error.

In case anyone’s also having this issue: I’d still like to see some documentation for advance usage, but I figured out why it was not working properly for drag and drop wrt quotes. The specific instance where it was failing was a MEMO field, and the template codes that as a LONG datatype, leading to errors.