RTF in Clarion Report

Greetings,
Added a TEXT box to Detail section in Report. RichText.

Printing gives “?” question marks where there were supposed to be bullet points.
I tried changing fonts…
When using the “Print” button, from the RTF control, all is well, but not when the RTF field is in a report.

The RTFNotepad example app does the same!

Hope someone can shed some light on the subject.
Fouché

I’ve seen this a few times in the newsgroups but I have no experience. It has something to do with the rtf definition of a bullet. Search the newsgroups the info is there, if not also here.

The experts were asked at a regular Clarion Wednesday webinar about this.
All three, Bruce Johnson, John Hickey and Mike Hanson tried to shed some light on the subject.
Unfortunately no solution.:cry:
A Clarion report will not produce all the correct RTF formatting.

Perhaps their is a commercial template that someone knows about that DOES work?

Use an RTF control and Print to WMF.

It has been a long time since I did the work but I know SubSystems.com RTF Control could print to file one page at a time. It could be configured to output WMFs that worked in the Clarion Image so could show in a Report preview.

Hi Fouché,

I also had this issue and thanks to Miguel Pena and Kevin Erskine, there is a solution!
Please see the 2 pdf attachments.

Best regards
Jeffrey

Re_ RTF bullets printing as _ in Windows 10.pdf (18,9 KB) Re_ rtf Bullets not printing.pdf (18,2 KB)

2 Likes

Greetings Jeffrey,
Thank you very much for sharing.
I will study the documents and implement.

Groete,

Hello Jeffrey,
(True, it has been a long time.)

This worked. :clap:
Used the Re_RTF bullets printing as _ in Windows 10.PDF that needs StringTheory.

The RTFNotepad shipping example was used.
The font of the RFT field content was changed as well as the TEXTFONT in the report to Segoe UI.

Added StringTheory to the Global Extensions
Add procedure to the REPORT procedure.
Call the procedure in TakeRecord.

Modified shipping example Attached.
Compiled in Clarion 11.1.13855

RTFNotepadFIXED.zip (90.2 KB)

Groete,
Fouché

1 Like