Segoe MDL2 Assets font

Hello -

Is it possible to use Segoe MDL2 Assets font for Icons in Clarion App?

Thanks,
-R

Metro studio (free program)
Can create icons using any font

Segoe MDL2 Assets icons - UWP applications | Microsoft Docs
“This article provides developer guidelines for using the Segoe MDL2 Assets icons and lists the font glyphs along with their unicode values and descriptive names.”

" With the release of Windows 10, the Segoe MDL2 Assets font replaced the Windows 8/8.1 Segoe UI Symbol icon font. Segoe UI Symbol will still be available as a “legacy” resource, but we recommend updating your app to use the new Segoe MDL2 Assets ."

" Most of the icons and UI controls included in the Segoe MDL2 Assets font are mapped to the Private Use Area of Unicode (PUA). The PUA allows font developers to assign private Unicode values to glyphs that don’t map to existing code points."

Possibly, depends on your version of Clarion and/or if you want to roll your code to use them, or something else.

Edit: I’ll add this as I know Andy from noyantis has some sort of ChillKat addon.
GitHub - chilkatsoft/Chilkat-for-Universal-Windows-Platform-UWP-VS2015: Chilkat for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps

This can then bring this into play
GitHub - microsoft/Windows-universal-samples: API samples for the Universal Windows Platform.

And then this can come into play in some situations.
Enable in-app purchases of apps and add-ons - UWP applications | Microsoft Docs
Bit of a tangent I know, but it elaborates the roll your own code bit I said.

And there is also a node.js route to UWP, how in depth and complete it is, I dont know, not looked at it.
GitHub - lukehoban/node-uwp: Enables Universal Windows Platform (UWP) API access for Node.js (Chakra build) on Windows 10.

I have been using .ico (icon) throughout the application and it has been working fine. However, when using screen DPI/Scaling that is more than 150%, .ico don’t display correctly all the time.

So I was looking into possibility of using Segoe MDL2 Assets fonts and these are mapped to the Private Use Area of Unicode (PUA) . Displaying this in Clarion App has been a challenge.

Have a look at the options in a manifest file. Depending on what version of windows you use, there might be manifest implications to consider.